• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City v Shrewsbury Matchday Thread 28th Nov 2023. k.o. 7:45 and 9:45.

edwin_price

Well-known Exeweb poster
Repeat post.

Bridgy 81

If a legitimate and quiet dissent of the way our club is currently being managed has attempted to be quashed by club employees I think that’s very concerning.

Colesman Ballz

Very well known Exeweb poster
You would bite the football god’s hand off if he guaranteed that right ?
Shirley it is considered always ill advised "to bite the hand that feeds you" ! :cool:

Alistair20000

Shirley it is considered always ill advised "to bite the hand that feeds you" ! :cool:
Not if you get a guarantee

Colesman Ballz

Not if you get a guarantee
If we go out and pay say £250k for a forward, I can't envisage us getting our money back if he flops and we get relegated ! ;)

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
Tend to agree,it's only because Shews are equally as bad as us that we didn't lose,Vale will be harder to get anything out of and a draw or loss there and Gary should be gone
Shrewsbury beat Vale in the game prior to ours and are above them in the league so to say it will be a harder game isn't true.

Alistair20000

If we go out and pay say £250k for a forward, I can't envisage us getting our money back if he flops and we get relegated ! ;)
I just wanted a guarantee of 20th place. Buying players didn’t come into it.

Grecian Max

IMG_3796.jpeg
…will be some game 😂

Also 25 goals v 2 scored… just wow

BigBanker

Well-known Exeweb poster
Exactly this. He wasn't moaning about our budget, or lack of it, he was reminding the fanbase of the fact that, compared to the majority of the league, our budget is low and with that, expectations should remain realistic.

I do however fully agree we should be doing better in the league, there are some very poor teams in L1 this season, thank goodness. But still, the point he made is a valid one.
He made the point in the context of the interviewer pointing out that this is by far our worst run in 20 years of Trust ownership. GC used the fact we're in League One, with our budget, to argue with the validity of that point.

This run of form is beyond the pale. Even at this level. This is not a strong League One, nowhere near as strong as when we competed (much better) during the Tisdale era.

GC has been fed the budget excuse by our board and it's emminating throughout the club, right down to the team. Relegation is now a self fulfilling prophecy. What a great shame.

Last edited:

BigBanker

Well-known Exeweb poster
You try and compete with Cheltenham, Burton, Cambridge, Northampton, Stevenage, Port Vale, Fleetwood, Carlisle, Orient, Shrewsbury etc. These are massive clubs and I pinch myself everyday that we get to compete with such giants of the footballing world.
Indeed.

Loser mentality to accept failure in this division.