• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City v Shrewsbury Matchday Thread 28th Nov 2023. k.o. 7:45 and 9:45.

Grecian Max

Very well known Exeweb poster
Indeed.

Loser mentality to accept failure in this division.
The cap in hand, got to cobble together pennies and volunteers to keep the lights on is definitely getting old now. I think you’re right that Caldwell is now latching onto that as an excuse. Easy thing to do. Especially when it’s a consistent message from the people at the top.

denzel

How many seasons did Accrington last? 4 or 5? And they had a smaller budget than us at the moment. I agree. An excuse

Grecian Max

How many seasons did Accrington last? 4 or 5? And they had a smaller budget than us at the moment. I agree. An excuse
Think it was even longer than that

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
5 season. 2018/19 to 2022/23. Attendances of around 2,000.

andrew p long

He doesn't seem to get enough of a powerful shot away from that wide angle,which makes me think he would have more success closer to the goal by playing in a more central position. He times his run better than our current choices at centre forward too,more likely to meet a ball into the box then see it fly past his head.
Good point. There's another option with Wildschutt which is to play him as a 10 rather than a wing back. Or to put it another way, in the usual 3-4-2-1, playing him further forward tucked in as one of the 2 rather than out wide in the 4. That's what I'd try.

Oldman

Sinisalo's not done a lot wrong, to be fair.
Sinisalo, I cannot see why most on here see no faults in his game, he over dives and makes a meal out of a straight forward save, dives when the ball in clearly going 10 foot wide. Has not make a great save all season (woods made two in the 9.0) he was at fault for goal v Wigan and in my opinion did not cover himself in glory for 4 of the Bolton goals. If he himself looked back on that game, he would say he should have done better, yet no one at all on here mention it, if it had been Blackman or Woods they would have been slaughtered. He looks like he is being constructive with his animated shouting but no one takes any notice of him. The poster saying he should be captain wants to come off what they are on, Sinisalo is a kid and plays like a kid, he will not go on and have a great career, just not good enough. He only played a few games for Burton last year so I think Villa have made it a clause in the loan that he has to play for us .After so many losing games you would expect the keeper to be changed but I think he has been lucky due to injuries and stayed playing. 3 pre season games he had 10 goals put past him and was at fault for several of those. Lastly his coming of his line, he hesitates when he should rush out and rushes out when he should wait typical behaviour of a young goalkeeper.

CREDYGRECIAN

Loving the free flowing entertaining football at S
I’m not convinced the keeper is doing much wrong.

He’s certainly earning his wages right now

CC

Sinisalo, I cannot see why most on here see no faults in his game, he over dives and makes a meal out of a straight forward save, dives when the ball in clearly going 10 foot wide. Has not make a great save all season (woods made two in the 9.0) he was at fault for goal v Wigan and in my opinion did not cover himself in glory for 4 of the Bolton goals. If he himself looked back on that game, he would say he should have done better, yet no one at all on here mention it, if it had been Blackman or Woods they would have been slaughtered. He looks like he is being constructive with his animated shouting but no one takes any notice of him. The poster saying he should be captain wants to come off what they are on, Sinisalo is a kid and plays like a kid, he will not go on and have a great career, just not good enough. He only played a few games for Burton last year so I think Villa have made it a clause in the loan that he has to play for us .After so many losing games you would expect the keeper to be changed but I think he has been lucky due to injuries and stayed playing. 3 pre season games he had 10 goals put past him and was at fault for several of those. Lastly his coming of his line, he hesitates when he should rush out and rushes out when he should wait typical behaviour of a young goalkeeper.
Mods can someone please help PeteUSA he appears to have lost his login?

iscalad

Mods can someone please help PeteUSA he appears to have lost his login?
All we need a Pete clone...

Oldman

All we need a Pete clone...
Just watch the goals back