• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City v Shrewsbury Town. Matchday Thread.

Ex-ciderrr

Strange evening indeed the crowd was really strange too, admittedly yes need some bums off seats stuff but felt a very weird enviroment last night thought we could of got behind the players abit more, like i eluded to on another thread regarding home form and last night nailed it for me, the home form problem now is slowly creeping into the players i feel. we werent awful but were punchless in attack and kept going sideways and back alot, yes this can work, but wasnt tonight (but is this the home problem and a playing safe thing, maybe). we looked reasonably solid at the back Hartridge, Grounds (ill put my neck on the line, had a good game imo) & Aimson good capture indeed i was impressed.

Mcdonald ran the show oozes quality always finds space with little intelligent movements off the ball to link up play and get us moving. Mitchell is good too particularly 1st half, Woods doesnt really fill me with confidence at all but was rarely troubled. James Scott? had over half an hour and did literally nothing, how was he on before nombe?!?

Its obvious who and what we were missing, but thats a problem out of our hands, it even was evident under taylor and now GC how we are so useless & lack creativity without him, but like i say thats out of our hands and less said the better.

Shrewsbury had won 6 in a row apparently? and were one of the countries in form teams - we were more than a match for them just neither us or them would of scored till the cows come home.

ideally 6/6 but 4/6 from the next two (Vale & Cambridge utd) needed.

UTC

STURTZ

Very well known Exeweb poster
I don't think the passing the ball sideways and back is just a pointless activity, I think it's a deliberate ploy to try and draw the oppos on to us. The strike force is built on speed and the hope is that an incisive pass will set our pacey forwards away. It's not working because we're not finding that pass and our oppos are not being drawn and sitting as deep as we are.
I do think Nombe should be playing however, he has pace and also a modicum of ability in the "final third".
Brown is the missing component and sadly I don't hold much hope of him ever returning.

Andy Holloway

What a ridiculous response! If you stayed in a hotel and the toilet was filthy, would you entertain the idea of cleaning it yourself?!
If you were one of the owners. "We own our football club!"

manc grecian

I don't think the passing the ball sideways and back is just a pointless activity, I think it's a deliberate ploy to try and draw the oppos on to us. The strike force is built on speed and the hope is that an incisive pass will set our pacey forwards away. It's not working because we're not finding that pass and our oppos are not being drawn and sitting as deep as we are.
I do think Nombe should be playing however, he has pace and also a modicum of ability in the "final third".
Brown is the missing component and sadly I don't hold much hope of him ever returning.
From what I've seen teams have worked out this new style quickly. Funnel us wide knowing full well there's a lack of height/strength/numbers in the box. That's if we ever get round to putting a cross in. Or they wait on the edge of the box for us to give it away after one too many intricate passes.

jase 07

Strange evening indeed the crowd was really strange too, admittedly yes need some bums off seats stuff but felt a very weird enviroment last night thought we could of got behind the players abit more, like i eluded to on another thread regarding home form and last night nailed it for me, the home form problem now is slowly creeping into the players i feel. we werent awful but were punchless in attack and kept going sideways and back alot, yes this can work, but wasnt tonight (but is this the home problem and a playing safe thing, maybe). we looked reasonably solid at the back Hartridge, Grounds (ill put my neck on the line, had a good game imo) & Aimson good capture indeed i was impressed.

Mcdonald ran the show oozes quality always finds space with little intelligent movements off the ball to link up play and get us moving. Mitchell is good too particularly 1st half, Woods doesnt really fill me with confidence at all but was rarely troubled. James Scott? had over half an hour and did literally nothing, how was he on before nombe?!?

Its obvious who and what we were missing, but thats a problem out of our hands, it even was evident under taylor and now GC how we are so useless & lack creativity without him, but like i say thats out of our hands and less said the better.

Shrewsbury had won 6 in a row apparently? and were one of the countries in form teams - we were more than a match for them just neither us or them would of scored till the cows come home.

ideally 6/6 but 4/6 from the next two (Vale & Cambridge utd) needed.

UTC
Perhaps the bird sh*r has been strategically placed in order to get bums off seats 😜

manc grecian

If you were one of the owners. "We own our football club!"
We should get in for free then

gilbertshoot

Re: the birdsh!te in the Stagecoach - couldn't we get the Wurzels in to help? I believe they have a proven strategy regarding blackbirds.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
GC interview

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Kevin McDonald interview

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
YouTube highlights