• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City v Sutton United Matchday Thread

Grecian Max

Very well known Exeweb poster
Louis John is a brick shithouse Div 2 defender who wins just about everything in the air...more fallible on the deck for sure. In fairness, they should have go at least a point and maybe more...
I disagree with their manager they should have got more/anything from the game. The battled hard but had no end product at all. Our quality in the final third won it and it was comfortable once we’d scored. A bit of a lesson in the gap between the better sides form then IMO.

malcolms

Very well known Exeweb poster
I disagree with their manager they should have got more/anything from the game. The battled hard but had no end product at all. Our quality in the final third won it and it was comfortable once we’d scored. A bit of a lesson in the gap between the better sides form then IMO.
Difficult to argue as they ended scoreless, but a little harsh i feel...The stats and MT's opinion suggests they were closer than you acknowledge. Doesn't matter though, results in the book

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Louis John is a brick shithouse Div 2 defender who wins just about everything in the air...more fallible on the deck for sure. In fairness, they should have go at least a point and maybe more...
Which begs the question why it took City so stop lumping the ball in the air and play it on the deck instead.

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Difficult to argue as they ended scoreless, but a little harsh i feel...The stats and MT's opinion suggests they were closer than you acknowledge. Doesn't matter though, results in the book
Three shots on target out of 18 suggests that Max may have a point. 1632054850293.png

CWH-NYC_

Just watched the extended highlights again, still a very difficult watch except for the last minute or so!

dontpassback

Oh dear, what a shame.
He had a bit of the John yems about him,well organised side,but if you don’t score you don’t win,as for keeping the crowd quite,I was in the big bank and it wasn’t very quiet !he didn’t come across as very gracious,but hey ho thats football

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
Thought the first was a definitely a pen but not the second
Agreed.

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
If you look at Sutton's last four league matches they have produced 16 18 19 and 18 shots each match, yet only 2 4 7 3 were on target and have scored scored four goals in this period, their analyitcs guy should be highlighting this and perhaps there manager needs to encourage a bit more accuracy in their shooting as 4 goals from 71 shots seems a lot of goal kicks and corners.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
I though the first goal was an OG in real time, and having seen it from 3 angles stand by that.

Sorry Sam, and all that.