• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City versus Oxford United matchday thread

geoffwp

Very well known Exeweb poster
We've got David Earl and Ade Edmonson already mate, don't need another comedian at the club 😂
Yes max, extraordinarily funny.

STURTZ

We started well but we're unfortinate that Oxford unveiled our weakness in central defense at an early stage and it was down hill from then, all over by half time. Options to change things around are limited by lack of personally in key areas. Too many players were off their game, thought Harper, Kite and Caprice were particularly poor.

When it comes down to it, that team were
not briefed or motivated correctly.

Get the defence sorted and the rest will come together. We know we have good players, far better than crap Oxford we've got to get the players and the ball in areas where they can be most effective.

Thought Hartridge did as much as we could hope from him.

thermopylai

Really no hahaha

It’s obvious, without playing any games he’s not an appointment for this level. Obviously people can’t admit they’re wrong, embarrassing but predictable.
Unnecessarily dismissive there, Max. We're on the same side. Supposedly.
It's not a case of KN being a brilliant appointment - its that the other names mentioned so far are distinctly underwhelming, and that 3 games in these circumstances - injuries etc - is not a fair measure.

Ian Tarr

I have to own up that this was all my fault.

I will never again start one of these threads.

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
Hopefully you'd put the club's future ahead of proving me wrong
As I've said in another post whoever gets the job has to manage with injury / infection hit squad we have so don't expect miracles.
If my counting is right we started / finished with 6 academy players on the pitch including youngsters Cox & James - given injuries / suspensions it is highly likely the starting 11 next game will be very near the finishing line up unless our injured players are all miraculously fit.

I'd rather save the cost of a "whole new back room staff" and plough that into strengthening in the next Jan window and, as with MT & our academy ethos , give home grown talent with practical knowledge of our prize academy asset a chance.

Whoever comes in there was no certainty of the club's future unless you have your crystal ball out !
UTC

iscalad

Very disappointing. We hardly won a tackle, gave the ball away too often and below par performances from too many players.
Pluses, I thought, were the subs who came on. All looked lively and gave an impetus the side.
Sonny took his goal well. A composed finish.

geoffwp

IMO, that Rotherham job came along at a very opportune time for MT. He knew there were going to be problems ahead with so many of our thin squad out with injuries. If a result like this had happened under his watch, I've no doubt it will have been used by quite a few to criticise the club for not 'backing' the manager. KN has now inherited the problem but now it's 'his' fault not the paper thin squad injuries issue plus now apparently illness in the squad. I'm not defending how the team played today but I would defend KN as he has had to pick up the pieces. Of course a game like today will obviously play into the hands of those who didn't want him as manager in the first place but to slag the man off as an incompetent non league manager as max enjoys doing is out of order.

Cowshed Grecian

I don’t think we can you blame KN at all, it would of been the same outcome had MT still been here.
The fact is the squad isn’t big enough and it should of been sorted in the summer. It was covered up by the Stanno signing, but we haven’t got enough L1 standard players to cover injuries- MT knew this and it was part of his decision to leave IMO.

Antony Moxey

Well after that pathetic display (and you can whine at the ref all you like, we never, ever looked like getting anything from that game) where the players clearly have no interest in playing for the manager, I’m firmly in the anyone but Nicholson camp. After shipping eight goals in two games it’s clear he shouldn’t be anywhere near a first team appointment. I do wonder though, why the players have so little respect for him.

Hopefully we’ll have a proper manager in place for next Saturday.

Bongo1959

Sack the board