• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City vs Cambridge Utd - Discussion and prediction thread

Martin Lawrence

Well-known Exeweb poster
Jevani is not unavailable, the Club CAN choose to play him if they wanted to, but are simply not abiding with the principle of him being innocent until either proven guilty in court or that he pleads guilty. It is bollix, and if on the 9th March the case is either put back again or referred to Crown Court for adjudication the madness continues ! Someone at the Club needs to be held accountable for this decision.

And Cox is not ready yet and should stay at Bath in the meantime. Let's play or even start him once we are mathematically safe from possible relegation.
Fair enough there are some that don't agree with the Club stance on this. But let's remember, there are plenty of people in agreement with it.

I personally, don't have a strong view either way. That's because I have no idea of the players mental state or on his mindset at the minute. Hopefully he is obtaining the support he needs to move forward positively from this. One can only hope.

Oldsmobile-88

Very well known Exeweb poster
It sounds like the seated stands are pretty much sold out. I saw a Twitter post earlier on that there were around 800 BB tickets available.
Not expecting many in the away end. Around a 6k crowd perhaps ?

Grecian Max

Absolutely spot on CB, a decision that verges on sheer lunacy.
I will say GC coming out and saying they’re 100% behind him sort of gets in the way of the club trying to keep themselves on the higher moral ground. The whole point of him not playing is surely because they’re worried about bad PR but this comment to Devon Live undermines that standpoint…

100% behind him would mean he starts. So they’re not. Feel like they’ve fumbled this now a bit, difficult line to walk but a no comment would have been better for all parties.

Martin Lawrence

Well-known Exeweb poster
I will say GC coming out and saying they’re 100% behind him sort of gets in the way of the club trying to keep themselves on the higher moral ground. The whole point of him not playing is surely because they’re worried about bad PR but this comment to Devon Live undermines that standpoint…

100% behind him would mean he starts. So they’re not. Feel like they’ve fumbled this now a bit, difficult line to walk but a no comment would have been better for all parties.
I tend to agree Max about the no comment stance. I would be interested to know if GCs comments to the media, were sanctioned by the board. I suspect not.

wiveygrecian

It sounds like the seated stands are pretty much sold out. I saw a Twitter post earlier on that there were around 800 BB tickets available.
Not expecting many in the away end. Around a 6k crowd perhaps ?
Cambridge have sold 250 in advance plus a few more pay on the day

geoffwp

If this was/is a board decision WTF are they doing interfering in team selection. Its basically by passing the manager and taking his authority to select a player or not away from him.

grecIAN Harris

If this was/is a board decision WTF are they doing interfering in team selection. Its basically by passing the manager and taking his authority to select a player or not away from him.
Because the board oversee the club as a whole, the Chairman of the board is the overlord of the club. The manager answers to the board. The board have the authority to rule over him.

geoffwp

Screw the board then.

Grecianpasty

Less than 50 seats left online for both seated stands. Although I suspect it will look a lot more than that come tomorrow. I'd say we are looking at 6,500, which would be very good considering the recent performances.

tom_ecfc

Have season ticket holders been sent an email and easy link to be able to give their ticket back to the club to give/resell if they are unable to attend before each game?