• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City vs Fleetwood Town match day thread

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
Impressed with what MJ brings to the party and I'd suggest if Jevani is struggling at the moment then give MJ more game time.

geoffwp

Very well known Exeweb poster
Caldwell, in the directors box apparently.
Tell him thanks but we are OK as we are

grecIAN Harris

Stanno motm, but diabate had arguable a better game until going off
Chieck played like he'd never been out injured for the best part of two months, just slotted back in and carried on with the minimum of fuss.
Hopefully the injury he picked up is nothing to serious so he can play on Tuesday with Sweenz (back from suspension) and Hartridge. Then we can put Key back where he belongs instead of the woefully inept Caprice.

Antony Moxey

But have only played one of the teams above us. Or, to put it another way, 6 of our next 8 games are against the teams currently in the top 6.
It goes like that. Plymouth must be really lucky because they haven’t played anyone above them…

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Chieck played like he'd never been out injured for the best part of two months, just slotted back in and carried on with the minimum of fuss.
Mendes Gomes and Morton have both caused us lots of problems in the past but Cheick dealt with both of them very comfortably.

STURTZ

It goes like that. Plymouth must be really lucky because they haven’t played anyone above them…
Exactly those top teams are only up there because they haven't played us yet.🙂

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Maybe, but it still seems pretty unusual that 15 games into the season we haven't played any of the top 6.

iscalad

I’m kind of hoping I’m going to be unveiled as the new manager on Monday.
Where's Gary Johnson when we need him......

Antony Moxey

Good result that, and a million times better than last week’s debacle. Fleetwood were a pretty side, I think their goal, which looked to have took a massive deflection, was I think their only shot on target.

Nice to see Diabate and Dieng back on the pitch, and as a small aside I wonder how many other teams will have seven academy graduates in their starting 11?

Kev in 😉

iscalad

Hopefully the injury he picked up is nothing to serious so he can play on Tuesday with Sweenz (back from suspension) and Hartridge. Then we can put Key back where he belongs instead of the woefully inept Caprice.
Think it was just cramp. ie fit to play not match fit just yet.

Josh's run for the 3nd goal was wonderful to behold.