• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City vs Peterborough United matchday thread

iscalad

Very well known Exeweb poster
I think going on something that was said pre-match, it's not scoring that is frustrating Stanno.
What was said pre-match?

Colesman Ballz

What was said pre-match?
And who said it ? :unsure:

Antony Moxey

I think going on something that was said pre-match, it's not scoring that is frustrating Stanno.
Go on, do tell.

Memphis09

I have to agree SEA, second half not a great watch until the last ten minutes
Personally thought it was a very good game played by two teams who wanted to play football
Not like Cheltenham who were one of the worst sides for time wasting diving around feigning injuries
So for me yesterday a great watch great result by a great team UTC

Memphis09

Said something similar to my mate. So much respect for MJ and what he has done over the last couple of seasons but yesterday it looked like a young lad had won a raffle to play for us. Completely ineffective.

Would like to focus on the positives though and what an afternoon! Bring on Ipswich.
Totally agree

grecIAN Harris

Unless I dreamt it I'm sure I heard Caldwell say something along the lines of Stanno getting a little frustrated when he's not scoring in his pre match interview.

fred binneys head

Unless I dreamt it I'm sure I heard Caldwell say something along the lines of Stanno getting a little frustrated when he's not scoring in his pre match interview.
If you watch the 360 video, you can hear GC speak to stanno after the game and he says something about “that’s the value you bring to this team” or something like that. I imagine he was talking about his pass to Jevani and would seem to support the idea that stanno is getting frustrated about not scoring much.

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
That's what I love about football.
Looking at this still from the highlights and our ball boy looks to be in the loneliest place on earth.
10 minutes later and all is well with the world ...
Ballboy deserves one of Chas's pre match baguette 🥖!

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
If you watch the 360 video, you can hear GC speak to stanno after the game and he says something about “that’s the value you bring to this team” or something like that. I imagine he was talking about his pass to Jevani and would seem to support the idea that stanno is getting frustrated about not scoring much.
Get to SJP early next week to see Jay score in front of Big Bank. SJP goes Fing mental !
UTC

Benjisheps14

Milwaukee, Wisconsin (but formerly Bude, Cornwall)
I think GC says to Sweeney at the end ‘we’re going somewhere’ and to Stanno ‘you’re doing a job for the team’.

Maybe Stanno is a bit disappointed at being played wide / not scoring?
Yep, it's a great moment when he grabs Sweeney and says "We're going somewhere, eh"........and Sweeney replies, "Absolutely!".
You get the sense that GC has come across well with the players and they seem to be enjoying it. Still a very long way to go and not getting carried away (and we still have to navigate January, which will be tough), but early signs are really promising and GC really seems to buy into the ethos of the club.