• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City Women 2023/24 (Champions)

denzel

Very well known Exeweb poster
I think before everyone starts getting carried away the first step is to continue to grow crowds at the Sports Hub from the current season's average 338. A 50% increase next year would be a huge step and would see the average just tip over 500.

Average attendance figues for the woman's game appear quite tricky to locate. However West Ham averaged 1,109 this season in the WSL, similarly Leicester averaged 2,219 playing a lot of games at the King Power.

This link is 12 months out of date, but many of the figures below the WSL are truly woeful: https://talkingwoso.com/every-fawnl-teams-average-attendance-for-the-2022-23-season/
Nice to see we are considerably in excess of them other lot.
Buy yes, judging by that if we can make improvements to the Hub that should be sufficient for now

Grecian2K

Could a facility not be provided at the Cliff Hill?

andrew p long

Nice to see we are considerably in excess of them other lot.
Buy yes, judging by that if we can make improvements to the Hub that should be sufficient for now
One of the (many) factors is that we will go next season to a team that loses some home games instead of a team that for two seasons is unbeaten and has won almost every home game . That will counter balance a bit if the natural growth in the Women's game.

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
Could a facility not be provided at the Cliff Hill?
Been mentioned earlier costs! Cheaper to get the hub developed more so if it is done by a third party!

SaintJames

Well-known Exeweb poster
Been mentioned earlier costs! Cheaper to get the hub developed more so if it is done by a third party!
I can't see why Exeter College would spend any additional money upgrading a facility that is currently suitable for the uses they make of it. If there are upgrades to be made because the Women's team need them for the division above then it would fall on us to meet those costs. That's how I would read it anyways. If that is the case I would rather spend money at our own 4g facility at the Cliff Hill and move across. If we were to be promoted again and Exwick becomes unsuitable for the Championship then spending money at Exwick surely then becomes wasted

Colesman Ballz

I can't see why Exeter College would spend any additional money upgrading a facility that is currently suitable for the uses they make of it. If there are upgrades to be made because the Women's team need them for the division above then it would fall on us to meet those costs. That's how I would read it anyways. If that is the case I would rather spend money at our own 4g facility at the Cliff Hill and move across. If we were to be promoted again and Exwick becomes unsuitable for the Championship then spending money at Exwick surely then becomes wasted
Accessibility to the Cliff Hill is the problem. It might end up more Joni Mitchell than Demetri what with having to pave over a large swathe for bigger parking lots ! :)

Antony Moxey

Accessibility to the Cliff Hill is the problem. It might end up more Joni Mitchell than Demetri what with having to pave over a large swathe for bigger parking lots ! :)
The parking at the C&F is more than adequate for the two teams, their officials and match officials. It's not necessary to provide parking for supporters (although they could use Westpoint and have shuttlebuses on a continuous round trip).

denzel

One of the (many) factors is that we will go next season to a team that loses some home games instead of a team that for two seasons is unbeaten and has won almost every home game . That will counter balance a bit if the natural growth in the Women's game.
Surely it's better seeing competitive games than thrashings. Can't be much of a spectacle watching us beat Selsey 12 nil or whatever it was

Boyo

The parking at the C&F is more than adequate for the two teams, their officials and match officials. It's not necessary to provide parking for supporters (although they could use Westpoint and have shuttlebuses on a continuous round trip).
If you want supporters to watch then having a transport plan for them to attend is pretty fundamental. Buses on a loop from Westpoint would probably be cost-prohibitive.

denzel

If you want supporters to watch then having a transport plan for them to attend is pretty fundamental. Buses on a loop from Westpoint would probably be cost-prohibitive.
Or Greendale, they seem to be open to everything and maybe could do the catering...