• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City Women 2023/24 (Champions)

SaintJames

Well-known Exeweb poster
The parking spaces at the training ground are probably more than at Exwick and there are buses that go past both venues. However, the reality is that 90 per cent of spectators travel by car regardless. There could well be spectators coming from the Sidmouth direction for him the training ground is a better option by bus? Whether the confines of the 4g at the CH would allow for a stand to be erected I have no idea and if that's not possible it immediately rules out this as a realistic option anyway?
There are drawbacks with both venues and I wonder whether it may be better to have a lease arrangement with a club that is on the fringes of Exeter or the previously mentioned potential for the King George V Playing fields?

Antony Moxey

Very well known Exeweb poster
If you want supporters to watch then having a transport plan for them to attend is pretty fundamental. Buses on a loop from Westpoint would probably be cost-prohibitive.
Most modern stadia don’t have public parking.

Boyo

Most modern stadia don’t have public parking.
They'll all have a transport plan.

Antony Moxey

They'll all have a transport plan.
As SaintJames says it’s on a bus route. I’m sure it’s not beyond the wit of those involved to organise extra public transport on match days.

Bridgy 81

I don’t know what extra facilities are required in the higher division City will play in next season, but if it’s possible I’d rather any money that needs to be spent on upgrades is done to things that we already own rather than to something somewhere that we don’t.
So, I’d be in favour of using the artificial pitch at the training ground for league games (with a limited capacity if necessary) and with the occasional match at SJP.

SaintJames

Well-known Exeweb poster
I don’t know what extra facilities are required in the higher division City will play in next season, but if it’s possible I’d rather any money that needs to be spent on upgrades is done to things that we already own rather than to something somewhere that we don’t.
So, I’d be in favour of using the artificial pitch at the training ground for league games (with a limited capacity if necessary) and with the occasional match at SJP.
Totally agree. I see no point in spending any of our money to enhance someone else's facility

grecIAN Harris

I think maybe some of you need to hit the brakes and see what happens next season. You would like to think there would be an increase in crowds but the gaps between each division isn't small and success is far from guaranteed.
Personally I wasn't all that impressed with what I saw on Sunday and wouldn't be surprised if City found next season a bit of a slog especially with the extra travelling.

Bridgy 81

I think maybe some of you need to hit the brakes and see what happens next season. You would like to think there would be an increase in crowds but the gaps between each division isn't small and success is far from guaranteed.
Personally I wasn't all that impressed with what I saw on Sunday and wouldn't be surprised if City found next season a bit of a slog especially with the extra travelling.
I’d assumed recent posts are about what additional requirements are needed for City to play in a higher league, rather than speculating on how well they’ll perform.
So I’m not sure what brakes you’re suggesting we hit, if additional facilities are a necessity?
Plus, I’m sorry you weren’t impressed with what you saw on Sunday, I was, but of course I could be wrong.

grecIAN Harris

I’d assumed recent posts are about what additional requirements are needed for City to play in a higher league, rather than speculating on how well they’ll perform.
So I’m not sure what brakes you’re suggesting we hit, if additional facilities are a necessity?
Plus, I’m sorry you weren’t impressed with what you saw on Sunday, I was, but of course I could be wrong.
I'm not sure whether they're fact based, assumption based or just a thought for improvement along with the sides league positioning.
As for Sunday, maybe I'm just being picking but I was expecting an improvement on what I'd seen in previous seasons and didn't really see it.

iscalad

See #1012. And it was a good game