• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City Women 2024/25

SaintJames

Well-known Exeweb poster
Wel, Chloe's time with City has come to an end. Unless she asks herself (and that's up to her) I don't suppose we'll find out fully why. I suspect the conversation Chloe had with the coaches at the end of trials last week has probably had a baring with regards her availability due to work commitments. It's been fun whilst it lasted.
Sad to hear that as your musings on the women were ones i enjoyed reading. I hope she bounces back - Fenny a good alternative maybe

grecIAN Harris

Very well known Exeweb poster
Sad to hear that as your musings on the women were ones i enjoyed reading. I hope she bounces back - Fenny a good alternative maybe
It would be but Winkleigh to Fenton is a fair old stretch especially with her job and it's shift patterns

grecIAN Harris

Do all players have to go to trials before every season? Curious to know how it works.
It seems to be the case with the Reserves. They do have quite a large turnover due to departures for university every season

Devon Red

Well-known Exeweb poster
It seems to be the case with the Reserves. They do have quite a large turnover due to departures for university every season
Sorry for 20 questions. How big is the jump in standard between the reserves and the first team? If it is a large gap, do you think that's why there seems to be quite a big divide between the sides?

I know you've played local football, as have I for Sandford for about 10 years and often our second team were so much poorer than the first team making the club very split due to lack of pathway.

grecIAN Harris

Sorry for 20 questions. How big is the jump in standard between the reserves and the first team? If it is a large gap, do you think that's why there seems to be quite a big divide between the sides?

I know you've played local football, as have I for Sandford for about 10 years and often our second team were so much poorer than the first team making the club very split due to lack of pathway.
Every step between standards in women's football is large. You won't hear "there's not much difference between the top of one division and the bottom of the next" like you will in the men's game. The first team will probably find it tough going this season having been one of the biggest fish for so long so inevitably it's going to be a big step from reserves to firsts. I'm not sure how far you go back but the best analogy I can come up with is when I played for Crediton the gap between the first in the Great Mills Premier and the reserves in the Great Mills Combination was big enough. It's a similar situation with City reserves playing in a dedicated reserve league just as I was at Crediton. Until you get the numbers if women playing the game the gaps between divisions and teams will always be large and larger than between men's teams.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member

Grecian2K

Sad times for the Reading women.
Let's hope Yonge takes the men's team down the same cul de sac.