• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City Women

Dannyred

Point to me where I’ve said I have no interest in the women’s team progressing? Oh, you can’t. I’m not massively interested in the women’s game, fact but that doesn’t mean I don’t want them to do well.

It doesn’t seem in the slightest bit odd to me that you signed up in March and have made 200 odd posts pretty much only on this subject conveniently ignoring other people’s responses while spinning it to your own straw man argument.

Almost the very definition of trolling.
Or maybe I see a massive opportunity for Exeter City the club to act with the huge investment and popularity of the women’s game.

But thank you for following every post.

fred binneys head

Very well known Exeweb poster
There isn’t huge popularity of women’s football. It’s growing and there have been a few high profile games with great attendances in recent years, but look at the average league attendance of all women’s teams over the last few years - across Europe as well as the UK - and it’s not a ‘must see’ event that the club is foolishly missing out on. It’s a growing sport that we should take seriously and treat with respect, nothing more. Having a women’s team representing the club is already far more than most other clubs do. We’ll have to agree to disagree on this one as, I suspect, will most others on Exeweb. Your argument isn’t being furthered by your baseless observations.

Snakebite

Well-known Exeweb poster
Or maybe I see a massive opportunity for Exeter City the club to act with the huge investment and popularity of the women’s game.

But thank you for following every post.
Weird, you didn’t answer my question.
Story of this thread with you isn’t it?

Temporarily Exiled

Having a women’s team representing the club is already far more than most other clubs do.
Other clubs set the bar very low.

One thing I do wonder though is why we don't appear to have any youth teams for girls. We have youth teams for boys from young ages, and there are girls leagues in Devon for U12, U14 and U16 (at younger ages they play with boys). The costs involved would be pretty minimal, and it could be a great feeder to the senior side. It would also go a long way to making girls that love football feel more welcome at our club and valued by the club.

SGF

One thing I do wonder though is why we don't appear to have any youth teams for girls. We have youth teams for boys from young ages, and there are girls leagues in Devon for U12, U14 and U16 (at younger ages they play with boys). The costs involved would be pretty minimal, and it could be a great feeder to the senior side. It would also go a long way to making girls that love football feel more welcome at our club and valued by the club.
We’ve had a Girls Development Centre since March 2017: https://www.exetercitycommunitytrust.co.uk/girls-player-development-centre

Oldsmobile-88

Indeed..They all came to a game at SJP(in the Stagecoach Stand) with their coaches in March iirc,there must have been over 60 players & it was good to see.

Temporarily Exiled

Indeed..They all came to a game at SJP(in the Stagecoach Stand) with their coaches in March iirc,there must have been over 60 players & it was good to see.
Oh nice, I couldn't find teams in any of the leagues listed on the Devon FA site. iFollow cuts the feed during half-time unfortunately.

Dannyred

Young girls will never feel valued by the club until they get equal opportunities this is yet to happen at our Family club but it would be nice if it did.

Antony Moxey

Young girls will never feel valued by the club until they get equal opportunities this is yet to happen at our Family club but it would be nice if it did.
How do you know? My daughter was a season ticket holder for the fat end of fifteen years, she never felt not valued by the club or that the club should be doing more for her.

SimonBB

I can’t remember if it happened but do they walk round the pitch on the last game of the season like the boys do? If not that would be something to look into. Apart from that I agree with the idea of games being played at the training ground and results being mentioned on match days.

I don’t think the SJP pitch should have many more games on it as at times over winter it can still look ropey. This talk of these prem teams letting it happen yet all of them seem to make them play elsewhere?