• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City Women

iscalad

Very well known Exeweb poster
This thread was originally about the ECFC women's team, please don't make a concerted effort to kill it off.
I blame the mods.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
I blame the mods.
I'm blaming the Rockers!

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
There is the Exeter Respect Festival in Belmont Park today. Do we know if the Ladies team get involved in these sort of community events?

Dannyred

If we all just take a breath and refrain from posting this thread will die of natural causes. WE are feeding something/one that requires us all to stop. This is my last post on this thread can we all agree to do the same and the nightmare will stop :)
Says the sexist with sons.

Andy Holloway

I'm currently watching the Germany v China game on TV and the skill level is very impressive, as are the number of mistakes being made.

As such, what are people's opinions on the standard of International Women's football and what it compares with in the EFL? Disregard it being Women, just look at the standard of football being played.

Upper L1/lower Championship? Middle Championship?

Dannyred

I'm currently watching the Germany v China game on TV and the skill level is very impressive, as are the number of mistakes being made.

As such, what are people's opinions on the standard of International Women's football and what it compares with in the EFL? Disregard it being Women, just look at the standard of football being played.

I have seen a lot better Women’s matches than this one but it good and China is doing a decent job against a good German team.

I honestly think the lionesses would beat City men’s team. I saw Chelsea v Lyon & would say the standard was as good as lower premier league. Women’s football is Definitely getting stronger and shouldn’t be looked down on.

Temporarily Exiled

There's technical skill then there's physical power. Men inherantly have more physical power, and (as we know from youth football) that gives the bigger, stronger and more powerful side the advantage. In terms of technical ability, I'd say the England team are equivalent to League 1 / League 2. In a direct match-up they'd lose every single time, but if you just look at the first touch and vision of some players, it's comfortably above the average of our side.

Also worth noting that there's a huge skill discrepancy between sides. There are some sides that are head and shoulders above all others (generally those with professional league), then there are the rest.

Dannyred

There's technical skill then there's physical power. Men inherantly have more physical power, and (as we know from youth football) that gives the bigger, stronger and more powerful side the advantage. In terms of technical ability, I'd say the England team are equivalent to League 1 / League 2. In a direct match-up they'd lose every single time, but if you just look at the first touch and vision of some players, it's comfortably above the average of our side.

Also worth noting that there's a huge skill discrepancy between sides. There are some sides that are head and shoulders above all others (generally those with professional league), then there are the rest.
Yes I agree the physical difference is there, but the standard over the last 2 years has improved immensely and is good to watch.

Lyon has a truly amazing team, So strong.

It would be nice to see the city women’s team grow towards being in the top two divisions.

IndoMike

First impression from the Women's World Cup is that the football is clean, fair and sporting, with none of the standard time wasting and histrionics of men's football. The matches have been open and attacking, and the players even place the ball inside the corner marker rather than a few centimeters outside when taking the corner. unlike the men. I must say however in response to some posts above that there is no way a women's team of this standard could compete with a Div 2 men's team , although some players have skills and can shoot. Goalkeeping especially seems a bit dodgy. However, fair dos, the matches I've had a glimpse of so far have been entertaining.

IndoMike

Someone needs to teach the fans how to sing at this World Cup. Deathly quiet