• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City Women

LOG

Very well known Exeweb poster
It’s Not about you liking women’s football, it’s about the club doing the right thing and allowing the women to play at SJP and growing the women’s side in the city.
For all this talk of discrimination, do you know if the women’s side have actually been told that they cannot play at SJP, bearing in mind that, in the season just gone, they did?

I don’t know what you know about the past, but, as I understand things, the primary reason that they didn’t play there before was that Tisdale didn’t want the additional wear on the pitch. Was this discrimination or was it that his priority was the men’s first team and trying to gain any advantage possible? Like it or not, the men’s first was and is the club’s priority too because that’s where the crowds and money are. However, that nobody seemed to object to the women playing the match at SJP last season would suggest that there isn’t an ingrained discrimination amongst the decision makers.

Additionally, do we know whether the women’s team would actually want to play every match at SJP, knowing that it would be about 98% empty? Playing there would probably have a positive effect on attendances over time but our women’s side is still at a very early stage of development so perhaps it might be better for them to play their bread and butter matches at Cully, grow and develop the side and then maybe play a handful of bigger matches at SJP each season?

For what it’s worth, and from the snippets I’ve picked up along the way, the development of the women’s team in years gone by wasn't hampered by not being able to play at SJP but by the way in which they ran themselves where they were quite happy to enjoy the benefits of playing under the ECFC badge whilst making little or no effort to engage with any other part of the club. Thankfully, that seems to be very different now but there's a lot of making up for lost time that needs to be done.

If you know better, I’m happy to be corrected.

Dannyred

Just out of interest how many games did you get to last season (watching the Womens team)?
I saw more women’s matches than men’s

IndoMike

So you're prejudiced against men's football?

Saint James

So two games then?

Grecian2K

Do you realise just how much damage your tedious trolling is doing to the potential growth of the ECWFC?
Or do you just simply not understand of your own lack of Self-Awareness? Perhaps a crash course with your new bezzies at Shandy Park might be in order?

Ash

For all this talk of discrimination, do you know if the women’s side have actually been told that they cannot play at SJP, bearing in mind that, in the season just gone, they did?

I don’t know what you know about the past, but, as I understand things, the primary reason that they didn’t play there before was that Tisdale didn’t want the additional wear on the pitch. Was this discrimination or was it that his priority was the men’s first team and trying to gain any advantage possible? Like it or not, the men’s first was and is the club’s priority too because that’s where the crowds and money are. However, that nobody seemed to object to the women playing the match at SJP last season would suggest that there isn’t an ingrained discrimination amongst the decision makers.

Additionally, do we know whether the women’s team would actually want to play every match at SJP, knowing that it would be about 98% empty? Playing there would probably have a positive effect on attendances over time but our women’s side is still at a very early stage of development so perhaps it might be better for them to play their bread and butter matches at Cully, grow and develop the side and then maybe play a handful of bigger matches at SJP each season?

For what it’s worth, and from the snippets I’ve picked up along the way, the development of the women’s team in years gone by wasn't hampered by not being able to play at SJP but by the way in which they ran themselves where they were quite happy to enjoy the benefits of playing under the ECFC badge whilst making little or no effort to engage with any other part of the club. Thankfully, that seems to be very different now but there's a lot of making up for lost time that needs to be done.

If you know better, I’m happy to be corrected.
One of the more reasoned posts in this debate.
I for one am all in favour of the women playing at SJP, once it makes commercial sense, be that at break even or perhaps slightly beforehand as we look to grow interest in the team with a view to it becoming commercially viable in the near future. Until then, obviously not.
Is anyone else bored of Dannyred's ill informed, often illogical and sometimes downright ridiculous rants? Gotta be the worst poster I can remember, ever.

Dannyred

One of the more reasoned posts in this debate.
I for one am all in favour of the women playing at SJP, once it makes commercial sense, be that at break even or perhaps slightly beforehand as we look to grow interest in the team with a view to it becoming commercially viable in the near future. Until then, obviously not.
Is anyone else bored of Dannyred's ill informed, often illogical and sometimes downright ridiculous rants? Gotta be the worst poster I can remember, ever.
ill informed? You’re a million miles away with your two words.

Grecian2k Do you know that you as a city fan are doing so much harm to every young girl wanting to play football as an equal in the city of Exeter.

Grecian2K

Danny boy. I'm very intrigued to see how you work out that anything I've said "does so much harm to every young girl wanting to play football as an equal"?

Apart perhaps from pointing out the possible dispiriting effect that regularly playing in a near empty stadium might seem...although, since I made the same observation about the male youth teams, perhaps you think I'm doing similar "harm" to every young boy as well?

If you think I'm a troll as well, at least I'm an equal opportunity one!

Dannyred

Danny boy. I'm very intrigued to see how you work out that anything I've said "does so much harm to every young girl wanting to play football as an equal"?

Apart perhaps from pointing out the possible dispiriting effect that regularly playing in a near empty stadium might seem...although, since I made the same observation about the male youth teams, perhaps you think I'm doing similar "harm" to every young boy as well?

If you think I'm a troll as well, at least I'm an equal opportunity one!
Before concerning yourself about the women’s team filling the stadium maybe you should look around SJP and notice hundreds of empty seats, We can’t even fill half the stadium at most games & the men’s team were not banned from football for 50 years.

The publicity of bringing the women’s team to SJP would be great for the city but could easily bring new sponsors and fans to support them.

Nike is doing a fab job to promote women’s football it is growing so fast that like it or not the club need to be on board.

SGF

Women's teams playing in the same stadium as their male counterparts:

Women's Super League: 0

Women's Championship: 2 Barnet and Lewes