• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter clubs

Jersey Tone

Right folks, I've posted this before and got some very helpful responses so I'm hoping for some more help please.

I'm over w/e of the Carlisle game for the Dom Sanders celebration, (RIP fella), and will be looking for some nightlife entertainment.

My needs are very basic, no clubs where the clientele are younger than my kids, no fussy women, etc. I know from past experience that Rococo's has been a bit of a laugh. Is it still 'the place to be to pull a divorcee' (Cambridge away anyone???).

Any advice much appreciated guys. As I say, I don't do pretentious - the more basic the better really - and I don't want to be surrounded by kids (no offence to the youngsters). Basic conditions with basic women - any suggestions please???

Willy Nilly

Rococos is probably your only choice then, really.

Arena tends to be full of townie kids, Timepiece college kids, and Rococo oldies.

Right folks, I've posted this before and got some very helpful responses so I'm hoping for some more help please.

I'm over w/e of the Carlisle game for the Dom Sanders celebration, (RIP fella), and will be looking for some nightlife entertainment.

My needs are very basic, no clubs where the clientele are younger than my kids, no fussy women, etc. I know from past experience that Rococo's has been a bit of a laugh. Is it still 'the place to be to pull a divorcee' (Cambridge away anyone???).

Any advice much appreciated guys. As I say, I don't do pretentious - the more basic the better really - and I don't want to be surrounded by kids (no offence to the youngsters). Basic conditions with basic women - any suggestions please???
Been (literally) every pub in Exeter so if you need advice then I can give you my opinion of each pub.

Jersey Tone

Been (literally) every pub in Exeter so if you need advice then I can give you my opinion of each pub.
Fire away fella. After one with non-picky older women!!

Swanaldo

Very well known Exeweb poster
Really? I couldn't name every pub in Exeter, but reckon there's easily a hundred boozers in the city. I look forward to reading your report.

Swanaldo

As I say, I don't do pretentious - the more basic the better really - and I don't want to be surrounded by kids (no offence to the youngsters). Basic conditions with basic women - any suggestions please???
Tone, I like your style.

Seems you are going to end up in Rococo's for sure. There is a big 'pub' next to that called Mosaic, and just round the corner some godforsaken hole called EX4. This is definitely the neighbourhood to aim for. Avoid the Fat Pig (too posh) and The Mint (too stabby).

There may be some alternative venues on the 'other side of the river', but I will let our St Thomas-dwelling residents comment on that.

Jersey Tone

Tone, I like your style.

Seems you are going to end up in Rococo's for sure. There is a big 'pub' next to that called Mosaic, and just round the corner some godforsaken hole called EX4. This is definitely the neighbourhood to aim for. Avoid the Fat Pig (too posh) and The Mint (too stabby).

There may be some alternative venues on the 'other side of the river', but I will let our St Thomas-dwelling residents comment on that.
Cheers Swanny, (I think I know you from exiles trips???). Rococo's does sound like the favourite eh!! Actually I was rather hoping to meet the Fat Pig in there!!!:p

Swanaldo

Cheers Swanny, (I think I know you from exiles trips???). Rococo's does sound like the favourite eh!! Actually I was rather hoping to meet the Fat Pig in there!!!:p
Don't recall meeting you, but I am always ******.

Good luck with the pig pulling. Popular Exewebber LOG will be able to advise you further.

LOG

Good luck with the pig pulling. Popular Exewebber LOG will be able to advise you further.
:-O :mad:

Last time i went to Rococo's, i'll have you know, i woke up the next day with some sort who looked like Meatloaf [H]

Last edited:

Jersey Tone

Maybe I'm thinking of someone else then??

If I can remember any of it I'll try and keep a log (no pun intended) of the nights events. I have to say that whilst our weekends are all too few and far between, they are very entertaining when they take place. Problem is I can't really publish a lot of what goes on, (for legal and matrimonial reasons). Jeez, I need to grow up.......one day!!!