• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

express and echo

iscalad

Very well known Exeweb poster
Do you read every free leaflet that drops through your letterbox too?
I like free, my favourite price. Funnily enough, talking of leaflets, not one came through the letterbox informing me who was standing in the local elections yesterday. I didn't bother to vote,

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
This summer has emphasized how crap the 'echo' has got, :-
-reporting threads on exeweb as news,
-'do you think will join surveys' on a list of non asssociated players who they had picked up from god knows where,
-5/10 inane things about so and so the latest signing
-failure to actually report news in an acceptable timescale so that it is still news (no match report on Truro or Burton (yet - even the Burton Mail had a report on the night)).
-Not showing an ability to report independently on matters associated with the club virtually lifting the club's press releases.

The sooner this rag dies the better

ecfc2000

I share your frustrations, which I why I stopped reading it two years ago.

Pete Martin (CTID)

Very well known Exeweb poster
I've said it before that it's almost criminal the way it has gone from a well respected (even loved) informative local newspaper to what it has now become. All those who worked on it in any capacity in years gone by would turn in their graves if they could see it now. :(

Last edited:

Fareham Grecian

I've said it before that it's almost criminal the way it has gone from a well respected (even loved) informative local newspaper to what it has now become. All those who worked on it in any capacity in years gone by would turn in their graves if they could see it now. :(
As I am sure has been pointed out before, the E&E is but one representative of the death of the print media. They, in common with almost all regional papers, increasingly the national press too, and most disturbingly the BBC, no longer employ real journalists to seek out real stories; they merely sit in their offices trawling the internet for gossip and pretend it's news.

ecfc70

oh i dont know......the comments on the echo website posted by the same 5 people each day are quite comical at times, what amazes/frustrates me though it they will say how social media has reacted to a ecfc item, usally it's what they have seen on fb or ****ter but whoever comments will berate exeweb even though it is not even mentioned in the article

hardi2b

This summer has emphasized how crap the 'echo' has got, :-
-reporting threads on exeweb as news,
-'do you think will join surveys' on a list of non asssociated players who they had picked up from god knows where,
-5/10 inane things about so and so the latest signing
-failure to actually report news in an acceptable timescale so that it is still news (no match report on Truro or Burton (yet - even the Burton Mail had a report on the night)).
-Not showing an ability to report independently on matters associated with the club virtually lifting the club's press releases.

The sooner this rag dies the better

Exactly so............... sadly (doh)

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
The Echo is so bad for ecfc news that I truly believe I could do a better job than the current reporters despite having no relevant qualifications or experience. Absolutely pathetic, lazy journalism.

Perhaps they could do a 'Social media reacts to how crap the Echo is' piece.

chunkymorrinmunter

The Echo is so bad for ecfc news that I truly believe I could do a better job than the current reporters despite having no relevant qualifications or experience. Absolutely pathetic, lazy journalism.

Perhaps they could do a 'Social media reacts to how crap the Echo is' piece.
echo is great, for people looking to buy property.!!

ecfc70

echo is great, for people looking to buy property.!!
actually it's rubbish for that too, when we had sold ours it then came up in thier 5 hot proprties of the week a couple of weeks later.......on the ball there!!!