• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

F1. Final Race of the season

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
By superbikes do you mean Suzi Perry on MotoGP? She's actually really good, knows her stuff and is well known on the grid. Or do you mean Superbikes which I think was on ITV4 and is Janey someone. Don't particularly like her but she does at least know what's going on.
I certainly wouldn't be averse to having Suzi Perry on the BBC F1 team. Or on any team, come to think of it... ;)

Mr Jan Yeo

Well-known Exeweb poster
Of course Ferrari turned up to the appeal. If it was succesful then Massa would have dropped points to Hamilton.

Antony Moxey

Very well known Exeweb poster
Martin Brundle has moved and David Coulthard is doing it too.
Coulthard? Will he be taking over the Louise Goodman role - she seemed to spend most of her time in the pits.....

Mr Jan Yeo

Well-known Exeweb poster
Coulthard? Will he be taking over the Louise Goodman role - she seemed to spend most of her time in the pits.....
No apparently working with Brundle as an 'expert' or whatever they call it.

brayford grecian

Jeremy Clarkson ;) Yeah i was talkin bout the bird on ITV4, havent watched Suzi Perry much, but spose she could do a decent job. I wonder who will front it...

ECFC TOM

Well done Hamilton. The Beeb coverage will be miles better.

footymum

Why is it that, as soon as a British sports person retires, in whatever sport, the BBC instantly make them commentators for that sport, whether they are any good or not? IMO Tim Henman is the worst - talk about Mr Non Personality!

Antony Moxey

Very well known Exeweb poster
Why is it that, as soon as a British sports person retires, in whatever sport, the BBC instantly make them commentators for that sport, whether they are any good or not? IMO Tim Henman is the worst - talk about Mr Non Personality!
Coulthard will give him a run for his money I reckon - at least Henman speaks English..

;)

ECFC TOM

Coulthard has been a failure/bottler in F1 just like Henman was in Tennis.

Mr Jan Yeo

Well-known Exeweb poster
Coulthard has been a failure/bottler in F1 just like Henman was in Tennis.
That's completely wrong. I hate DC but he has been near the top of the sport and the way that he has performed for RBR over the last few years has been very good. Coulthard was never championship material but without him as a rear gunner then Mika would have had a much harder time getting those 2 championships.

I'd imagine that getting the BBC gig was considerably helped by the Beeb wanting Brundle who manages Coulthard and could possibly swung it. IN addition he has been an outspoken driver who usually provides very good insight and I think that he could actually make a decent addition to the team after a while.