• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Fans Forum - Thursday 15 February

SimonBB

But so was most everybody else (Middlesborough aside). Don't forget, we were a 'poor team' back then.
All we was missing back then was a striker

Bridgy 81

Alex is a difficult one to judge as personally feel he has gone stale and needs to move as he has gone backwards this season. Equally Gary has brought in both Jules and Purrington who are both better players so he would only be third choice.
I suppose we have Purrington, Harper and Jules (on an option) next season and potentially Mitchell on our left defensive side.
So maybe Alex Hartridge is unfortunately superfluous and we should look to strengthen the right, which is considerably weaker currently, in my opinion.

Grecian Max

Very well known Exeweb poster
But so was most everybody else (Middlesborough aside). Don't forget, we were a 'poor team' back then.
I don't really know what your point is?

Ian's next tip is Muskwe to rip it up?

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
Have now caught up completely on the fans forum last night and credit where credit is due thought it was very professional way above the standard of any other of the previous ones and an excellent watch and listen.

As supporters whilst I am sure we already knew that bringing in new players was a complex issue with so many barriers to be overcome and the presentation by Marcus underlining them and his role in the process was excellent.

We certainly need to keep him on board he is obviously well qualified and able to do his job and I am sure from listening to him we all learnt a lot more than at any time before about our football club and how it is being managed and that as such we are in very good and safe hands.

It was also interesting when the MC eventually got around to introducing Ben and Alli (the one criticism of the way he managed the evening as until then they had been sat very much on the sidelines) to hear their own experiences of how the process had worked for them and how relieved they both were with how everything eventually turned out.

That said in fairness to him on the plus side he handled the questions that came from the floor to different people very well and also the way he put the questions that looked to have been prepared ahead of the meeting to Gary in particular very well

All the presentations both in part one and part two were very professional and contained a lot of interesting information.

No corporate speak just straight forward and clearly understood information.

Everyone was very relaxed and spoke openly when answering questions from the floor giving straight answers

Gary was particularly relaxed when giving his answers regarding how he dealt with fans criticism doing best to see it did not impact negatively on how the players themselves were dealing with it, his views on fourth officials generally and why he decided to take some pressure off Sweenz by handing over the captain’s arm band to Will Aimson.

He was very open and interesting and reinforced my hope that he will succeed and make all his detractors eat their words.

Summing up everyone involved should be very pleased with how they contributed to a very successful and informative evening and so well done and many congratulations to all concerned for showing in a positive way that we are indeed a different football club

Finally to my mind there were no signs of any lack of ambition and in fact the opposite applied.

Proud to be a Grecian tonight UTC.