• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Favourite Exeter pubs - past or present

ramone

Well-known Exeweb poster
If i had to agree with you we would both be wrong

The Wonford Inn probably turned back into a house and couple of flats in the car park area same way as the Flyer went.

Grecian2K

Very well known Exeweb poster

The Wonford Inn probably turned back into a house and couple of flats in the car park area same way as the Flyer went.
Or a martial arts training centre?

Oldsmobile-88

I visited Henry’s Bar last Saturday pre match. The last time I went in that establishment it was called The Mount Pleasant Inn, which must have been well over 20 years ago. It was pretty good, decent tunes on(not too loud) plus a cracking IPA available (Monterey) Drinks all very reasonably priced too.

Mr Jinx

Does anyone remember The Printers' Pie?

Oldsmobile-88

Does anyone remember The Printers' Pie?
Yep...It was called The Greyhound before Printers Pie.

I remember getting a call out at The Printers Pie just before Xmas Eve 1986. The gas supply had to be replaced in the evening because of a leak. The landlord had a full house in the next day for a pre-xmas lunch so it had to be done ASAP. 4 of us worked until 1am to get the job finished. The landlord went to bed at 11pm, left us the keys to lock up & said “ Help yourself to whatever drinks you want, just write it down so I know what’s gone from the stock” 😁

angelic upstart

I visited Henry’s Bar last Saturday pre match. The last time I went in that establishment it was called The Mount Pleasant Inn, which must have been well over 20 years ago. It was pretty good, decent tunes on(not too loud) plus a cracking IPA available (Monterey) Drinks all very reasonably priced too.
Trumpy does DJ nights there from memory. I strolled in one night half cut and some post punk was blaring out and a load of bods in their on the ****. Was a good night!

Oldsmobile-88

Trumpy does DJ nights there from memory. I strolled in one night half cut and some post punk was blaring out and a load of bods in their on the ****. Was a good night!
Yep..Some good nights in there a few years back. Pat Cunningham had the place before he took over as manager of the Phoenix.
Trumpy sometimes does a radio show on Phonic FM from The Phoenix plus the occasional Set there.

ramone

Well-known Exeweb poster
If i had to agree with you we would both be wrong

This place needs people through the doors asap to help keep it alive !! It needs bums on seats , We were told it needed 24k to stay open for another year then the someone at the council said we had to commit to a minimum of 5 years !!

Talk about kicking someone when they are down , There are a certain amount of members prepared to put their hands in their pockets to try and keep it open but its falling short at present.

Anyone know any local celebrities that could help out ? As it not a charitable organisation it cant ask Lottery, RMA etc for funds either.

Ashford Grecian

Was in there for Orient game as park in the roads opposite as arriving from A30 before heading down to The Bowling Green - Henrys is starting to feel very "tired" to me and being that end of the City is never really busy