• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Favourite time Exeter smashed another team

iscalad

Very well known Exeweb poster
What about the Barrow game the day they were dumped out of the league last game of the season
HT City 0 Barrow 1
FT City 7 Barrow 1
Remember that game. Can't remember ever seeing City score so many again. 1972 apparently!

Last edited:

budegrecian

Remember that game. Can't remember ever seeing City score so many again. 1972 apparently!
& if my memory is correct, at our next home game, which was the first game of the new season, we put 5 past Workington. A total of 12 goals scored in 2 consecutive home games. Nothing much changes......(facepalm)

iscalad

Very well known Exeweb poster
& if my memory is correct, at our next home game, which was the first game of the new season, we put 5 past Workington. A total of 12 goals scored in 2 consecutive home games. Nothing much changes......(facepalm)
Well, I was stood in the Shed for that game!

gbjpc

Lincoln away last game of the 89/90 championship season. Despite being unbeaten at home we were average away that season but in front of a couple of thousand Grecians on a lovely sunny day we took them apart.

Stuffy

Well-known Exeweb poster
The night we beat Newcastle at home 80/81 season is totally ingrained and will stay with me for life
At the time I was working as a die setter in the Austin- Rover plant here in Swindon. The line fitter was a particularly unpleasant Novocastrian so it good ripping into that fellow.

:)

ecfc2000

Playoff semi final 4-1 away win at Torquay did it for me. And I was stood in the home end. Celebrating didn't commence until I got back to the car (where I went mental for a good 5 minutes).

exeterry

Well-known Exeweb poster
Another good game was in the Conf when we thrashed Southport 5-0 at SJP. Flacky scored a hatrick within less than 20 mins. Thought we were going to get a cricket score..............

muppetdodger

Also remember Nov 2004 we beat Leigh RMI 5-1 in the pouring rain and they had one away fan who went mental and fell over his seat when they scored, and also in Dec 2010 when we beat Sheffield Wednesday 5-1 which was another memorable day.

CC

We beat Northampton 5-0 at home first game of the season once in the mid 80s and I thought we were in for a great season. We weren't.

HH12

Well-known Exeweb poster
Yep think you are right those two games were amongst my first at the park and I thought this is pretty good goals galore and comfortable victories - little did I know .................