• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Favourte Biscuit...

iscalad

Very well known Exeweb poster
Watched a Pink Floyd tribute act in there last Friday. Acoustics were fine but the cave roof was dripping like mad, warm air and cold rocks, the band had to go off after the first number as water got into one of the guitars!
But what biscuits did you eat?

iscalad

On the subject of weather related show interruptions, I went to see The XX on the roof of a Las Vegas hotel a few years ago.
After two songs the heavens opened and the gig was cancelled.
Odd weather as we were essentially in a desert.
Did your biscuits get wet?

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
But what biscuits did you eat?
No biscuits, just absolutely gorgeous Thai street food.

Bridgy 81

Did your biscuits get wet?
What happens in Vegas stays in Vegas 😉

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
I was likewise gutted to find out about Laura's gig only after it had sold out. I seriously thought about hiring some suitable ecclesiastical "duds" to try and blag my way in ! Back in the 70's there were a series of Sunday evening shows in St Pauls Cathedral, and I went along to one featuring Amazing Blondell, although I "swerved" the final one featuring Cliff ! My old favourite Martin Stephenson recorded a double cd in Lincoln Cathedral, it wasn't a gig just a project he arranged with verger I think, whereby he just wandered around for a couple of hours, playing as he went, and interacting with surprised visitors along the way. Would love to have been there too.

Maybe we should start a new thread for best, worst or unusual gigs attended ?
Martin Stephenson of Martin Stephenson and the Daintees fame?!

Saw him once at Rock City in Nottingham. After the encore Stephenson and the band walked off stage and kept on playing as they headed towards the Market Square.

iscalad

Martin Stephenson of Martin Stephenson and the Daintees fame?!

Saw him once at Rock City in Nottingham. After the encore Stephenson and the band walked off stage and kept on playing as they headed towards the Market Square.
Did you take biscuits?

ramone

Well-known Exeweb poster
If i had to agree with you we would both be wrong
Really favouring the Chocolate HobNob lately

Never tried them before but they do have something about them makes them very moreish