• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Football League Show?

Pobbop

McDermott was so good for us, inswingers, outswingers, could cross with either foot, dreamy.

Last edited:

ecfc01

McDermott was so good for us, could cross with either foot, dreamy.
When was he with us

Pobbop

When was he with us
89/90 he wads brill.

mammooman

88-90, Wiki is a wonderful tool ;)

stateless

he was in and out of the Arsenal first team before coming to Exeter City.. or did he go somewhere else first, someone like Fulham maybe..

Last edited:

Pobbop

he was in and out of the Arsenal first team before coming to Exeter City.. or did he go somewhere else first, someone like Fulham maybe..
dunno, my biggest memory of him was some local comm asking him whether our championship win was the highlight of his career, when he'd actually won an FA cup and cup-winners cup. He looked quite embarrassed and didn't answer it properly.

Still f*cking top player, wish him and Clive hadn't buggered off to Yeovil, we'd of done much better the following season.

mole221

Didn't realise how good Golbourne's ball was for Curetons goal before I saw that. Absolutely gorgeous

ECFC Nursey!

Very well known Exeweb poster
RIP to City's number nine. Sleep tight love
So let me get this straight - the only game in L1 - and we get about 3 minutes! FFS BBC1 you are sh*t!

Last edited:

stateless

dunno, my biggest memory of him was some local comm asking him whether our championship win was the highlight of his career, when he'd actually won an FA cup and cup-winners cup. He looked quite embarrassed and didn't answer it properly.

Still f*cking top player, wish him and Clive hadn't buggered off to Yeovil, we'd of done much better the following season.
he never played in the 1979 final, or many of the previous cup ties that year, he wasn't in the team that lost to West Ham in 1980 or the one that lost to Valencia in the ECWC in 1980. I would have thought that the 4th Div Championship would have been a big highlight for him.

Last edited:

Jaffacake

So let me get this straight - the only game in L1 - and we get about 3 minutes! FFS BBC1 you are sh*t!
Worth staying up to see Sercombes goal though! Blinder!! Goal of Month at least!