• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Football League Show?

ECFC Nursey!

Very well known Exeweb poster
RIP to City's number nine. Sleep tight love
Worth staying up to see Sercombes goal though! Blinder!! Goal of Month at least!
was deffo a cracker! but just pisses me off - they could have showed the lot and more!

RaeUK

Cleaner
Staff member
Yep, I generously had it down as 4 minutes. And one message each. Pants. Just out of interest, did anyone hear how they described Cureton? It sounded like "the German player" [time to invest in a hearing aid methinks!] ...

stateless

given the efforts made by the volunteers and the fact that this was the only game on in the lower two divisions i thought there would be a bit more about the fans efforts.. and maybe some extended highlights but that's just silly thinking

StixUK

most impressive win of the day = less air time??

Ian_Woodward

What a ball from Golbourne, don't even think Cureton had to take a touch before shooting. Great finish too

stateless

Yep, I generously had it down as 4 minutes. And one message each. Pants. Just out of interest, did anyone hear how they described Cureton? It sounded like "the German player" [time to invest in a hearing aid methinks!] ...
the over-used phrase 'journeyman' striker.. they used it to describe Logie a few weeks back too

dhenley

Think you will find it was the journeyman

Hooch

Haha, I thought they said "the German player" too at first. But as the guys above have mentioned I think it was "journeyman player".

I'm also annoyed that we only got 3/4 minutes of airtime - such a lack of respect. It was the only match in League One!

Last edited:

Anonymous

Well-known Exeweb poster
i didnt think sercs' goal was so good at the time but having seen it on the FLS I have to say its got to be a contender for league goal of the season. outrageous!
cureton and o'flynn looked sharp today. wednesday will be disappointed they didnt take their chances 5-3 would have been a fairer result probably. Their defence looked poor but up front we were on fire today and would have probably destroyed any team in the league.

Stuffy

Well-known Exeweb poster
Worth staying up to see Sercombes goal though! Blinder!! Goal of Month at least!
Yup. What a cracker [y]