• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Former Players

Bridgy 81

There’s a photo of Matt Gill ‘tangling’ with ex-FGR Manager Rob Edwards on the BBC Football website’s report of Swansea’s match at Luton today.
Ironically though it was Swansea’s Manager and Luton’s Assistant Manager who were sent off.

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
From the moment Stubbs signed for Bradford I thought that if Stubbs played most of the remaining games, Bradford would get promoted, catching up a considerable points gap.
I concur wholeheartedly. To such an extent, ahead of yesterday's games, I had a sneaky tenner on the Bantams for the League Two title at 50-1. Clearly, it will be some effort to haul back Leyton Orient, but I've no doubt Sam will be telling his new team-mates how close City went to reeling in FGR 12 months ago.

arthur

Very well known Exeweb poster
Agree with posters as to Stubbs being a quality defender. Unfortunately , he does have a physical weakness having been hammered by other so called professional players .Did anyone else notice that he was targeted by a Port Vale player in the final match last season? I saw the player bring his boot down on Stubbs weak knee after about twenty five minutes. No card. Stubbs had to leave the field of play. Grounds was no substitute for Stubb's qualities. Had he finished the 90mins I remain convinced City would have at least gained the point they needed for The Championship. Stubbs could well take the bantams up via the play-offs.
My reading at the time was the exact opposite. Diabate is not good at LCB and Stubbs did not appear fully fit. A back three of Grounds Diabate and Sweeney would have won us the championship...

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster

Ex-ciderrr

Harry Smith on the scoresheet again for Barnet this evening away at Dorking in the National league.

grecIAN Harris

Norwood scores again for Barnsley.

STURTZ

Norwood scores again for Barnsley.
Hope he gets a hatfull on Saturday!

dontpassback

Lewis Paige has left Mansfield and now rocked up at gillingham

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
Lewis Paige has left Mansfield and now rocked up at gillingham*