• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Full House?

GJW

I was surprised by the number of empty seats in the areas which were sold out, presumably just 'no-shows' on the day. In the satgecoach you could see during the game that there were 50 or more empty seats. Must have been the rain.

GJW

I was surprised by the number of empty seats in the areas which were sold out, presumably just 'no-shows' on the day. In the satgecoach you could see during the game that there were 50 or more empty seats. Must have been the rain.
I don't mean the end of Block A of course, which were not available for sale. Just the ones scattered around blocka B, C and D. If you watch back on iFollow you'll see what I mean.

RadioGilbert

^^^^
RadioGilbert..I have a avatar for you
View attachment 1301
Come on Olds thought you would more fans at the game, especially as you once bussed them across the country.

Oldsmobile-88

Very well known Exeweb poster
Come on Olds thought you would more fans at the game, especially as you once bussed them across the country.
Done it a few times in the late 1980s..:D..Those were the days..:D..

Grecian2K

Full house? NO WAY!!
The New Away End was three-parts empty by 2:15 - and that was even after we'd gone to all the trouble of giving them a roof to cower under.

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
I don't mean the end of Block A of course, which were not available for sale. Just the ones scattered around blocks B, C and D. If you watch back on iFollow you'll see what I mean.
I think the front (A) row seats in C and D are for held back for mobility impaired supporters or some other reason (if you look at Glitnir for the Cheltenham game they are not on sale, unlike the wheelchair areas on the BB and Block E), maybe they could have sold them to more mobile fans if they were not needed for the former.

Elsewhere, there are always a surprising (to me) number of no-shows for any game, usually around 100 or so. I believe ST holders often don't decide until late on whether to come to particular games.

Oldsmobile-88

Elsewhere, there are always a surprising (to me) number of no-shows for any game, usually around 100 or so. I believe ST holders often don't decide until late on whether to come to particular games.
Near to where I was sat in the Flybe Stand a few seasons ago,one chap had 4 season tickets for himself & family.They were used about 3 times in a season(for a few years) It was his way of giving money to the club he explained when I had a chat with him on the off chance.
My STs were not used for at least 6 games a season due to work commitments back then.

grecian55

^^^^
RadioGilbert..I have a avatar for you
View attachment 1301
That is brilliant Russell ,never forgotten ,remember him stood on the terrace on the corner of the Cowshed and the Big Bank with his radio .

Legohead

Banned
The seat next to me in the NOG was empty as i had a friend who couldn't make it last minute. The seat in front of me was empty too and a few to my left in another block. I also noticed a few empty in the IP stand.

With regards to what Olds said about the bloke who had 4 season tickets for his family but only goes to about 3 times a season. I considered doing this last season but didn't get round to it. I will be definitely getting 2 season tickets next season despite only probably using them a max of about 6 times next season. I like the idea of having my own seat and also contributing to the club so i think i'll give it a go.

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
I'm reminded of a yarn about a premiership club that was sold out every home match but week in week out two seats remained vacant until Boxing Day when a man and his son sat there. A fan asked this man why he hadn't used his seats until today denying the places to proper fans. The man rolled his eyes and explained that his wife bought the two season tickets in the summer and gave them to her husband and son as Christmas presents.

Courtesy of Danny Baker.