• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Gary's January Transfer Window

Grecian Max

Very well known Exeweb poster
I do think having Marcus move up to DOF is important to remember here

A lot of people are making the assumption that our pursuit of a 9 is for Gary, when in reality MF will be leading this - I think this means there's scope to bring a forward in but not necessarily for Gary.

CREDYGRECIAN

Loving the free flowing entertaining football at S
Everyone knows we need reinforcements and naturally a striker/attacker or 2 are without doubt required if the club are serious about turning the current form around.

Added to that we need some pace to replace Mitchell out wide & we also need someone in midfield who can run past the forwards or break the lines with and without the ball to add to our attacking threat.

All the above 👆 without a change of game plan though will mean nothing

edwin_price

Well-known Exeweb poster
Everyone knows we need reinforcements and naturally a striker/attacker or 2 are without doubt required if the club are serious about turning the current form around.

Added to that we need some pace to replace Mitchell out wide & we also need someone in midfield who can run past the forwards or break the lines with and without the ball to add to our attacking threat.

All the above 👆 without a change of game plan though will mean nothing
Totally agree, though feel like Trevitt could get beyond the strikers in a team playing better

MerleyRed

Pure speculation on my part, but at the recent AGM Nick Hawker whilst answering the question of why we failed to recruit forward options during the last window, cited the example of a Premier league player who was set to join on loan, but failed to do so due to his club failing to complete the paperwork in time. I assumed, despite knowing that he was an attacking mid-fielder, that Nick was referring to Luke Harris. However, my recollection is that we were told at the end of the last window that the Harris loan was pulled by Fulham at the last minute, as they had injuries and needed cover. I wonder if this Prem 'forward' is somebody other than Harris who may yet be set to join us in January.

edwin_price

Well-known Exeweb poster
Pure speculation on my part, but at the recent AGM Nick Hawker whilst answering the question of why we failed to recruit forward options during the last window, cited the example of a Premier league player who was set to join on loan, but failed to do so due to his club failing to complete the paperwork in time. I assumed, despite knowing that he was an attacking mid-fielder, that Nick was referring to Luke Harris. However, my recollection is that we were told at the end of the last window that the Harris loan was pulled by Fulham at the last minute, as they had injuries and needed cover. I wonder if this Prem 'forward' is somebody other than Harris who may yet be set to join us in January.
Or we could've been told a story where it's not our fault and only later, the real version?

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
Never mind bleddy league 1, we'll plummet straight through league 2 next season with no strikers
We'll have 2 windows before then. Let's just focus on staying in L1.

Memphis09

If you’re a half decent player why on earth are you going to want to join a rudderless team at the bottom of league 1?

GC needs to go today.
Better than joining a rudderless team in Div 2 and there are plenty of them

AndyR

I suspect that PL loan players will be one route we'll be looking at in January, amongst others. If we can get him (maybe a big if with the FA Cup coming up) Luke Harris looks to be one type of player who would be useful to us and from Fulham's point of view, get great experience. He would also ease the pressure on Trevitt who IMHO has had to play too often due to our injuries and lack of numbers.

Spoonz Red E

I do think having Marcus move up to DOF is important to remember here

A lot of people are making the assumption that our pursuit of a 9 is for Gary, when in reality MF will be leading this - I think this means there's scope to bring a forward in but not necessarily for Gary.
Me too.

Marcus gave a good presentation at season start about how they identified squad needs and cover.
I'm not sure how much objectivity was compromised by Gary bringing in players he'd worked with before (as most managers do).
I'd have thought that come this window it will be more rigidly applied as the method was was serving us well before in terms of having a squad mix.

iscalad

I suspect that PL loan players will be one route we'll be looking at in January, amongst others. If we can get him (maybe a big if with the FA Cup coming up) Luke Harris looks to be one type of player who would be useful to us and from Fulham's point of view, get great experience. He would also ease the pressure on Trevitt who IMHO has had to play too often due to our injuries and lack of numbers.
We are allowed a total of 7 loan players, I believe.