• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Gary's January Transfer Window

burtiew

Bored now ...

CREDYGRECIAN

Very well known Exeweb poster
Loving the free flowing entertaining football at S
I ain’t convinced we will sign anyone….and if we don’t get one in before Barnsley away that could be a cricket score.

Positive spin

Transfer window so far
In
Luke Harris
Ben Purrington
Out
Aamir Daniel’s loan

Rumoured
In
Joel Nouble
Theo Bair (really?)
Out
James Scott - north of the border?
Harry Kite - Brizzle Rovers
Alex Hartridge - ditto

Going to be a busy week and possibly not just strikers!
I hope not but Aimson out ?

edwin_price

Well-known Exeweb poster
I ain’t convinced we will sign anyone….and if we don’t get one in before Barnsley away that could be a cricket score.
You think if we sign some 0 in 20 duffer from Livingston, Barnsley will be quaking in their boots?

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
22 days in and still no striker. I'm starting to think that just maybe we are going to have to do without.
I think we'll get 2 strikers in. Whether they'll be any good or not is another matter.

CREDYGRECIAN

I hope not but Aimson out ?
wouldn’t surprise me.

He didn’t sign Purrington for no reason.

Squeezebox

Of course he was lightening fast only trouble was he sometimes forgot to take the ball with him.

Meantime before you say anything about Gordon Dale on the opposite wing he has to be the best out and out footballer I have ever seen play for the Club incredible dribbling ability very much in the Stanley Matthews mode only failing he would beat his full back and then go back and do it again. His footballing brain was also light years ahead of any of his teammates and there was a drawback there too as they didn’t always know what he was going to do.

When we played Luton in the 50s in the FA Cup they knew he was real threat and his opposite number Bingham was obviously instructed to ensure his threat was kept to a minimum and his early tackle almost directly from the kick off effectively took him out of the game leaving him hobbling on the wing for the whole game…..no substitutes in those days.
Yep, I was there as a nipper watching that.

CREDYGRECIAN

You think if we sign some 0 in 20 duffer from Livingston, Barnsley will be quaking in their boots?
😀 absolutely not.

I do worry looking at the fixtures coming….there very tough.

edwin_price

Well-known Exeweb poster
😀 absolutely not.

I do worry looking at the fixtures coming….there very tough.
Terrifying.

denzel

You mean we haven't heard a Dickie Bird