• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

General Election voting intentions

General election voting intention

• Conservatives

Votes: 3 5.7%
  • Green Party

• Labour

Votes: 23 43.4%
  • Liberal Democrats

Votes: 10 18.9%
  • Reform

Votes: 9 17.0%
  • Workers Party of Britain

Votes: 1 1.9%
  • Monster Raving Looney Party

• SNP

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Plaid Cyrmu

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 1 1.9%

• Total voters

Alistair20000

Very well known Exeweb poster
You might disagree vehemently with Sultan's politics but are you seriously suggesting she's ineloquent and unable to articulate a coherent argument like Bunker?!

Meanwhile... https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/reform-hitler-jack-aaron-welwyn-b2564215.html
Her eloquence has included wanting to celebrate the death of Tony Blair and backing violent resistance against Israel. Also described the Labour right as scum.

A vile individual

Grecian2K

Interesting map to click on here!
Although must admit some of the predictions seem a bit dubious? For example can't foresee the new Central Devon constituency turning red (Lib Dem quite possibly after the recent by election but not labour, surely? 😱)
What is fascinating is that even in the dwindling number of remaining Tory seats the projected lead is so precarious now.

Alistair20000

Although must admit some of the predictions seem a bit dubious? For example can't foresee the new Central Devon constituency turning red (Lib Dem quite possibly after the recent by election but not labour, surely? 😱)
What is fascinating is that even in the dwindling number of remaining Tory seats the projected lead is so precarious now.
Lib Dem support in Central Devon has collapsed since this constituency was created in 2010. Boundary changes have been examined to reconstruct the 2019 result which is very little different from the actual result. If Mel Stride is unseated it will be by Labour.

In the Tory 1997 wipeout quite a lot of the seats they held on to were with small majorities

SaintJames

Well-known Exeweb poster
I may be wrong but I think the Lib Dems have come 3rd or even 4th in this area in recent elections

Oldsmobile-88

I may be wrong but I think the Lib Dems have come 3rd or even 4th in this area in recent elections
Iirc Claire Wright came second to Simon Jupp in the last election ?
I hope mention of his name does not give Egg palpitations 😎

SaintJames

Well-known Exeweb poster
Iirc Claire Wright came second to Simon Jupp in the last election ?
I hope mention of his name does not give Egg palpitations 😎
I was commenting on Central Devon not east devon. Personally I think Jupp is going to get hammered by the Lib Dem in Honiton and Sidmouth. However, in Exmouth and Exeter East Labour are way ahead of the Lib Dems and neck and neck with the Tories

Oldsmobile-88

I was commenting on Central Devon not east devon. Personally I think Jupp is going to get hammered by the Lib Dem in Honiton and Sidmouth. However, in Exmouth and Exeter East Labour are way ahead of the Lib Dems and neck and neck with the Tories
Ah I see..Getting my areas confused 😎

I saw a poll earlier in the week in which Reform were pretty much level with the others in East Exeter/Exmouth...Dunno if it was a outlier

SaintJames

Well-known Exeweb poster
Ah I see..Getting my areas confused 😎

I saw a poll earlier in the week in which Reform were pretty much level with the others in East Exeter/Exmouth...Dunno if it was a outlier
That is correct EEE is one of 7 seats that national polling data has identified Reform as having potential to win. However, I went to the hustings last night and let's just say the Reform candidate has a bit to do to convince people he is credible .....

Oldsmobile-88

That is correct EEE is one of 7 seats that national polling data has identified Reform as having potential to win. However, I went to the hustings last night and let's just say the Reform candidate has a bit to do to convince people he is credible .....
What’s the word on the streets in Exeter, Tony.
I expect Steve Race to win, especially with the state of the Conservatives, but Ben Bradshaw had a large personal vote. I know a few “True Blues” who voted for him because of his local standing.

Hermann

Well-known Exeweb poster
Everyone seems to think Jupp is done for, and from the amount of canvassing the LDs are doing (and Cons not doing) it seems it's seem as a definite possibility. Personally I'm not so sure. The by-election was one thing, but you'd expect Honiton to return to more traditional voting patterns with the larger turnout of a GE. Sidmouth is a firm Conservative town. The support of Claire Wright for the LDs might see them do well in Ottery and other areas, but I'm still not sure it will be enough. It's not like she got that close to Jupp or Swire in previous elections.