• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Grimes latest.....?

STURTZ

Very well known Exeweb poster
I wasn't referring to our 80-81 cup run, I was referring to the Advent Calender quiz and the popularity of Rubik Cubes actually.

Subman

Very surprised no-one has mentioned any other Welsh teams, perhaps with first team coaches with strong links with Grimes. ��

CREDYGRECIAN

Loving the free flowing entertaining football at S
Don't care where he goes as long as the money is good - if like reported it's 1 million plus - I've heard it's actually quite a bit more than that - then it's great news for the club

A Slacker

andrew p long

again you can get the full interview from which this comes on the E&E website

http://www.exeterexpressandecho.co.uk/AUDIO-Paul-Tisdale-refuses-label-Exeter-City/story-25734563-detail/story.html

and listening to the tone of that I wouldn't hold out much hope of Grimes still being with us in Feb..

again you can get the full interview from which this comes on the E&E website

http://www.exeterexpressandecho.co.uk/AUDIO-Paul-Tisdale-refuses-label-Exeter-City/story-25734563-detail/story.html

and listening to the tone of that I wouldn't hold out much hope of Grimes still being with us in Feb..
Yeah I think every City fan needs to make the most of him whilst he is still here over the next couple of weeks to be honest. On the plus side it does seem to me like that club are going to play hardball over the fee we eventually get for him which can only be a good thing. I personally think the recent announcement that we DO NOT need another PFA Loan was designed for the ears of the clubs who are interested in signing Matt Grimes rather than being particularly for the ECFC fans reassurance. We have basically said that we do not urgently need an input of cash flow therefore any club with aspirations of driving the price down and getting a potential bargain on the understanding that we had to sell no matter what are sadly (for them) mistaken........

Anyway hopefully he can get another couple of goals between now and the 1st January 2015 which will only help us to push for even more for him in the coming weeks. :)

richard_portland

Backing Gary Caldwell, thanks Matt and good luck.
Agree that he is probably going. I do find the "for a player to be transferred all three parties have to be happy" stuff boring and stating the bleeding obvious. It's not incorrect but this gets trotted out every time we have a player attracting interest from other clubs.

antman

Well-known Exeweb poster
Agree that he is probably going. I do find the "for a player to be transferred all three parties have to be happy" stuff boring and stating the bleeding obvious. It's not incorrect but this gets trotted out every time we have a player attracting interest from other clubs.
What do you exactly expect him to say? Have you ever heard a manager preclude a transfer deal before a window opens by doing anything different to what he has done? It may be an obvious answer but it's a bloody stupid question, given that the manager has to do his job and not give anything away, if he did anything else it would be unprofessional. I actually thought the "three parties" answer was quite inventive under the circumstances, but then I'm not looking for fault in everything he does.

Last edited:

BigBanker

Well-known Exeweb poster
On the plus side it does seem to me like that club are going to play hardball over the fee we eventually get for him which can only be a good thing. I personally think the recent announcement that we DO NOT need another PFA Loan was designed for the ears of the clubs who are interested in signing Matt Grimes rather than being particularly for the ECFC fans reassurance.
Regardless of whether we need a PFA loan right now, most big clubs will know how desperately we still need the cash.

Last edited:

Pobbop

What do you exactly expect him to say? Have you ever heard a manager preclude a transfer deal before a window opens by doing anything different to what he has done? It may be an obvious answer but it's a bloody stupid question, given that the manager has to do his job and not give anything away, if he did anything else it would be unprofessional. I actually thought the "three parties" answer was quite inventive under the circumstances, but then I'm not looking for fault in everything he does.
I know, it's fascinating isn't it? I just don't get what is meant to be said in interviews to please people, a soulful sensual rap? an haiku? Iambic perameter? It must be hard trying to find a negative about this story though. So I guess this does as well as anything.