• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Grimes latest.....?

Pobbop

Regardless of whether we need a PFA loan right now, most big clubs will know how desperately we still need the cash.
Desperate is a relative term, we need it, but it's not an immediate problem, certainly helps in negotiation.

Last edited:

Ellisthegreek

Well-known Exeweb poster
Plus Tisdale has said that the club 'will wait for the right deal'...

Silver fox

Very well known Exeweb poster
I thought the deal was done! Is he going or not?

Grecian2K

I thought the deal was done! Is he going or not?

Just hanging back for your Filberts to enter the bidding [tap]

Silver fox

Just hanging back for your Filberts to enter the bidding [tap]
We could bloody do with him 2K that's for sure ;(

Grecian2K

Well, we've got Pate available if you need the planet's bestest ever glovesman.

Only £1M to take him off our hands!!!

(whoops. Just had a pm from the Exeweb mod team - they can't quite afford to pay you that much.

Shame :(

richard_portland

Backing Gary Caldwell, thanks Matt and good luck.
What do you exactly expect him to say? Have you ever heard a manager preclude a transfer deal before a window opens by doing anything different to what he has done? It may be an obvious answer but it's a bloody stupid question, given that the manager has to do his job and not give anything away, if he did anything else it would be unprofessional. I actually thought the "three parties" answer was quite inventive under the circumstances, but then I'm not looking for fault in everything he does.
I'm not criticising his dealing of the situation but i have always listened to his interviews and tend to say what I think about them. Imo it's not inventive as he said exactly the same thing in 2011 regarding Harley, and it's not necessarily accurate either as I am sure plenty of transfers go through where for one reason or another one of the parties doesn't exactly get the deal they wanted. I just find that a lot of the words in tisdale interviews don't tend to always tell you a lot.

Apart from that it doesn't really matter if the form is good. We are doing very well and that is the most important thing. If we end up getting a really good deal for grimes then credit will be due for that also.

geoffwp

Apart from that it doesn't really matter if the form is good. We are doing very well and that is the most important thing. If we end up getting a really good deal for grimes then credit will be due for that also.
Hmm. Wonder how much credit needs to go into the pot before the little digs and niggles stop then?

Hmm. Wonder how much credit needs to go into the pot before the little digs and niggles stop then?
Habits Geoff, can be very difficult to shed. When the habit is fuelled by obsession it is one of the most difficult to shed!

What is Tisdale supposed to say in the current situation with Grimes? "Hey guys, we are short of the readies. Get in on this bargain whilst this position last, he's yours for next to nothing, I won't stand in your way!" "come and get him!"

Last edited:

richard_portland

Backing Gary Caldwell, thanks Matt and good luck.
You guys are so funny. I have no problem with the situation if it ends up getting us a good price.