• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Halloween - what will you be doing?

angelic upstart

Very well known Exeweb poster
I've been giving away my earned ash via the medium of sweets to children I have never seen before whilst my ****in wife packs for her trip to eurodisney.

StroudGrecian

I honestly love Halloween night, it's great.
Me too Fredrick. Took the afternoon off to carve pumpkins with the boy, we now have a minecraft villager head glowing outside the door, whatever that is.

LOG

What bunch of miserable gets there are on this thread.
When i was at uni, the night before Halloween there was a knock at the door. I opened it and there were 2 girls stood on the step, must have been 16ish, just in their normal clothes. I was expecting them to say they were looking for their lost cat or summat but no, they were trick or treating. I suggested that they were early and their excuse was that they were going on holiday the next day.

As they were early and we were hard up students, there wasn't much in the way of treats about the house, only the essentials, so i gave them a can of larger lol each.

You see, i do, or did, have a generous side but when people take liberties like this, i'm not going to make any apologies.

angelic upstart

What brand was the larger lol? I may pop round one day if I am thirsty in the hope of snagging a free can.

LOG

I think it was Carlsberg as that was always on special down the offy.

StroudGrecian

Did you find out if the girls were 16 or not?

fred binneys head

When i was at uni, the night before Halloween there was a knock at the door. I opened it and there were 2 girls stood on the step, must have been 16ish, just in their normal clothes. I was expecting them to say they were looking for their lost cat or summat but no, they were trick or treating. I suggested that they were early and their excuse was that they were going on holiday the next day.

As they were early and we were hard up students, there wasn't much in the way of treats about the house, only the essentials, so i gave them a can of larger lol each.

You see, i do, or did, have a generous side but when people take liberties like this, i'm not going to make any apologies.
So you have an issue with little 5 year olds who get dressed up, have huge enthusiasm and would smile like the Chesire cat if you gave them a solitary fizzy cola bottle, but you were happy enough to give alcohol to two underage chavs that made no effort?

fred binneys head

Just had a girl at the door who was dressed up, with her dad who was dressed as a proper zombie and acted as one throughout the doorstep interaction. Even when i said "Loving your costume", he still just groaned like a zombie. Even after taking the sweets, he walked off like a zombie. Talk about method acting - awesome effort.

StroudGrecian

Maybe he really was a zombie?

Last edited:

LOG

So you have an issue with little 5 year olds who get dressed up, have huge enthusiasm and would smile like the Chesire cat if you gave them a solitary fizzy cola bottle, but you were happy enough to give alcohol to two underage chavs that made no effort?
It was that or half a tin of beans. Besides, i didn't live in a great area and was frightened of the consequences.

This was a turning point after which my attitudes towards trick or treating hardened.

Just had a girl at the door who was dressed up, with her dad who was dressed as a proper zombie and acted as one throughout the doorstep interaction. Even when i said "Loving your costume", he still just groaned like a zombie. Even after taking the sweets, he walked off like a zombie. Talk about method acting - awesome effort.
I went to the shop just now and saw a dad dressed as Batman. Explain that.

And now there are feckin' fireworks going off. This is the worst day of my life. FCAT.