• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Harry Kite

SaintJames

Well-known Exeweb poster
The massive mistake Reading away which came shortly after the last minute penalty challenge home to Wycombe was the final straw for GC

The challenge in the Wycombe game was fair, unlike the idiot with the whistle. Not even sure their players had time to appeal as his decision took a micro second.

Happy to see Harry feature again before the end of the season....if his training ground performances warrant it.

Nothing against him personally, but we have valuable points to play for. I don't like sharing out appearances unless there's a long term benefit to the club (eg starting Jake Richards). Otherwise pick the best team to beat our next opponents.

As for giving people the captain's armband. Again, if you think this position is meaningful then give it to the player who deserves it and will benefit the team most. Don't share it around as if it's like some 'player for a day' sponsorship deal.

Next thing you know the manager will be bringing himself on for a glory hunting 15 min cameo in the last game of the season. Where will that lead in the long run?

arthur

Very well known Exeweb poster
Happy to see Harry feature again before the end of the season....if his training ground performances warrant it.

Nothing against him personally, but we have valuable points to play for. I don't like sharing out appearances unless there's a long term benefit to the club (eg starting Jake Richards). Otherwise pick the best team to beat our next opponents.

As for giving people the captain's armband. Again, if you think this position is meaningful then give it to the player who deserves it and will benefit the team most. Don't share it around as if it's like some 'player for a day' sponsorship deal.

Next thing you know the manager will be bringing himself on for a glory hunting 15 min cameo in the last game of the season. Where will that lead in the long run?
That's a bit harsh. Tisdale brought himself on in the 90th minute

SaintJames

Well-known Exeweb poster
The challenge in the Wycombe game was fair, unlike the idiot with the whistle. Not even sure their players had time to appeal as his decision took a micro second.
It was in all likelihood fair but in making the challenge it gve a muppet of a ref a chance to become a mini celeb in High Wycombe for a day. Outcome of which was Harry better off not giving a blind idiot an opportunity in the 90th minute of the game?

Spoonz Red E

The massive mistake Reading away which came shortly after the last minute penalty challenge home to Wycombe was the final straw for GC
I don't get the feeling GC writes somebody off simply for making an error (and actually I think of those two examples only one was).
Apart from the contract running down he'll see Harry week in week out in training so I expect it to be based on a wider set of circumstances.

grecIAN Harris

I don't get the feeling GC writes somebody off simply for making an error (and actually I think of those two examples only one was).
Apart from the contract running down he'll see Harry week in week out in training so I expect it to be based on a wider set of circumstances.
Don't talk too much sense!!!!!!😉

SaintJames

Well-known Exeweb poster
I don't disagree but how many games has Harry started since Reading?

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
It's very sad that Harry's time at the club is fizzling out in this way. He put the work in at training, manfully played out of position when asked, scored some beauties and was never lacking in effort. He seems to have come up short in terms of the ability required to be a success in League1 but hopefully he gets a move somewhere where his talents and application are appreciated.

Great thighs too.

Devon Red

Well-known Exeweb poster
It's very sad that Harry's time at the club is fizzling out in this way. He put the work in at training, manfully played out of position when asked, scored some beauties and was never lacking in effort. He seems to have come up short in terms of the ability required to be a success in League1 but hopefully he gets a move somewhere where his talents and application are appreciated.

Great thighs too.
See, I think Kite is good enough for League 1, he's just not a Caldwell player as he isn't quite good enough technically.