• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Harry Kite

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
See, I think Kite is good enough for League 1, he's just not a Caldwell player as he isn't quite good enough technically.
You could be right, and I hope you are, and he goes on to have a long and successful career at this level.

SaintJames

Well-known Exeweb poster
You could be right, and I hope you are, and he goes on to have a long and successful career at this level.
He certainly looked good enough when he had that purple patch winning goal of the month for Aug or Sep last season. Injuries have been cruel for Harry over the years but as Devon Red said maybe for Gary he just isn't the type of midfielder to fit his system technically? Players come and go to suit all managers preferences so it's not exactly unusual if that is the case?

arthur

Very well known Exeweb poster
He certainly looked good enough when he had that purple patch winning goal of the month for Aug or Sep last season. Injuries have been cruel for Harry over the years but as Devon Red said maybe for Gary he just isn't the type of midfielder to fit his system technically? Players come and go to suit all managers preferences so it's not exactly unusual if that is the case?
I think there's a bit of a utility player about him which is fine if you're an old journeyman pro trotting around the lower leagues, but not if you're a younger player trying to establish himself in a competitive environment. To me he is essentially a defensive midfielder, designed to sit in front of the back four, tackle people, win the ball and then make passes that are accurate and occasionally interesting. I'm not sure he's had the opportunity to do this enough, and when he has had this opportunity he hasn't done it quite well enough.

He might do well to emulate Scott Bennett and find an under achieving club where he can a establish himself and grow into an ever present. Sitting on the bench in a League One club would not be a good move for him

andrew p long

Yes, with Harry, it was the combination of a) not being a GC type of midfielder - a main strength being a ball winner rather than a technical possession based passer and b) some individual mistakes in some rare games where he did get to play.

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
Before Ryan Woods we were screaming out for a ball winning central midfielder but there didn't appear to be any intention by the manager to play Kite. Never worked that one out- unless he was injured.

Memphis09

Good player there just injury prone
if he could stay fit I would keep him but probably wants to go

Mid Devon Grecian

Before Ryan Woods we were screaming out for a ball winning central midfielder but there didn't appear to be any intention by the manager to play Kite. Never worked that one out- unless he was injured.
Woods is way ahead of Kite in terms of ability. Can tackle and ping long and short range passes about accurately for fun. I think that tells us why Kite is unlikely to feature in a GC team.

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
Don't disagree with that but fingers crossed that Woods signs for us or we'll still be looking for someone in that role.

STURTZ

Think the truth is that Woods is the player we all wanted Kite to be but he didn't really have it.

tom_ecfc

Great lad but technically not up to L1 unfortunately. L2/NL beckons.