• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Hartlepool, desperate or stupid

Poultice

Very well known Exeweb poster
If less than 4,000 sign up for the STs, do they then all commit to paying full price? That's where the money could be...
http://www.hartlepoolunited.co.uk/page/SeasonTickets/0,,10326,00.html

Bit of a sliding scale with a few incentives thrown in, not the most subtle rip in the history of rips and if it succeeds the Board will have mugged themselves right off.

EX4 6PX

Well-known Exeweb poster
Even at those prices, they wouldn't get 4,000 people who were interested enough to shell out in advance.

Poultice

Even at those prices, they wouldn't get 4,000 people who were interested enough to shell out in advance.
They were over 800 in the first week of sales and the price set is silly enough to draw in most everybody who might go to the odd game, four and a half quid a game is less than half what you would pay to go to most Ryman games. Anyone who usually trolls up five or six times a season would have to be interested, then add to that the amount of positive vibes coming out of the club re signings and the like, well I dunno.

EX4 6PX

Well-known Exeweb poster
That is clearly the thinking. If they charged 4.50 per game they might fill the ground (until it gets colder) but its quite a commitment shelling out a ton on something you might take to or not. Its a bit like gym membership - it can be cheap because after the third time most people find better things to do.

800 people who would have paid full whack anyway signing up in the first week is easy. But can they find 4,000 people with the spare cash who would want to follow the Hangers for a whole season, in the first place? I doubt it myself.

didn't Portvale do something similar the season we were in league 2. I remember a big home crowd when we played there. most were seen leaving just after Sercombe's screamer put us 2-0 up inside 20 mins

Poultice

didn't Portvale do something similar the season we were in league 2. I remember a big home crowd when we played there. most were seen leaving just after Sercombe's screamer put us 2-0 up inside 20 mins
150 quid if they got 6000, which they did.

Sercombe's screamer
Wouldn't quite describe it like that! Great game that though and a great atmosphere.

RE Hartlepool, season ticket pricing like that works at clubs such as Bradford and Port Vale, with huge surrounding areas and a history of large(r) support. Hartlepool don't have that and I can't see it happening, well done to them though for at least attempting something to get the crowds up.

EX4 6PX

Well-known Exeweb poster
Wouldn't quite describe it like that! Great game that though and a great atmosphere.

RE Hartlepool, season ticket pricing like that works at clubs such as Bradford and Port Vale, with huge surrounding areas and a history of large(r) support. Hartlepool don't have that and I can't see it happening, well done to them though for at least attempting something to get the crowds up.
No doubt the prices at Premier League Stoke helped Vale a bit as well, assuming that not everyone in the Potteries is a bitter rival of one club or the other.

Red and White Zider

Well-known Exeweb poster
No doubt the prices at Premier League Stoke helped Vale a bit as well, assuming that not everyone in the Potteries is a bitter rival of one club or the other.
Oh they definitely are

Poultice

Well they have reached 1600 which I believe is about the same sort of number as we have sold, 3,000 sales is the first price break, 200 quid, they seem fairly confident that they will get there, I'm not so sure.