• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Hawker out?

City_Slicker

Following listening to the interview I am resigned to the fact that Caldwell will be with us for the rest of the season. What worries me is the disenchantment Supporters will be feeling by then. I have spoken to a number of people who are regulars who openly admit they don't enjoy going to games at the moment but feel obliged as season ticket holders to do so.

Bat Fastard

fair play for nick and the club fronting up....unfortunately as far as i understand it powerpoint is only in post due to his excellent attendance of board meetings. we're going down chaps

JGrecian23

He really wanted to let everyone know he was working late last night didn't he!

I have zero confidence that he has the minerals to call Gary in and fire him. We are doomed!

At least all the idiots who keep piping up with "we can't afford to sack him" can do one now.

Agent Andy

Looks and sounds very much like we will be recruiting in Jan with a view to be competitive next season in league two . Looks like the board are resigned to relegation and Caldwell will be here next season. Nothing like ambition from our representatives 😂😂😂

edwin_price

Well-known Exeweb poster
Looks and sounds very much like we will be recruiting in Jan with a view to be competitive next season in league two . Looks like the board are resigned to relegation and Caldwell will be here next season. Nothing like ambition from our representatives 😂😂😂
I hope the first part is the case, to be honest.

malcolms

Very well known Exeweb poster
Last week I asked for a question to be answered on whether the club would retain the services of the manager if we continued to lose and now we have the answer. However, they’ve painted themselves into an impossible corner which means if he does continue to lose games, there is little or nothing they can do without losing the little credibility they currently enjoy. I can’t imagine a situation where we’re 5 points adrift and continue with GC, but this could be the bleak prospect we now face..it truly is difficult to understand on almost any level.

Grecianpasty

I can't help but think that this situation is all centred around the Nombe transfer. GC didn't want to get rid of Nombe, and his hands where tied.

With Nombe gone, I'm sure GC would have wanted some assurances over his future, along with the money being promised to him in January.

It's clear GC will be here for the rest of the season, whatever happens. As I mentioned previously, it isn't businness savvy, and the club need people to make the hard decisions, to put the club first. It doesn't feel as though anyone is willing to do that.

edwin_price

Well-known Exeweb poster
Not sure why people seem to be clear that GC will be here till the end of the season. If the club were ready to sack him, how do you think it looks Vs now? They'll back him publicly right up until the point they don't. No other way... Hence the dreaded vote of confidence.

fred binneys head

I thought it was a good interview and credit to Nick Hawker for doing it. Most of you don’t like the answers because you disagree with his opinion that GC can turn it round. The boards believe he can and will, you don’t. Therefore it’s a shiite interview.

Ultimately the boards will be judged by the success of the season. Nick Hawker answered some direct questions such as the ‘can we afford to sack GC?’ question. The simple fact is that right now they believe he’ll turn it round so they are supporting him verbally and financially.

This doesn’t mean they will always support him. I’m sure if we lose the next 5 or 6 games he’ll be gone. And I would hope that the board are planning for next season in league 2, league 1 and the championship. That’s sensible.

And I thought he was very respectful of the fans who disagree with the boards. Didn’t patronise, didn’t say anything other than they are entitled to feel that way and he understands why they do. But he genuinely believes it will all come good. Time will tell who is right.

denzel

I’m sure if we lose the next 5 or 6 games he’ll be gone.
Why do you say that? I was sure he'd be gone after this week. If we fire him after the Reading game we will be into January and the targets he has will be lost. It will be the worst time to sack him.