• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Hawker out?

tom_ecfc

There was never 6000 plus at the last home game - I would have thought not even 5000 as they count season ticket holders even if they don’t come so someone said. Seems lots of season ticket holders are voting with their feet and not coming which would not be good for long term future of club.
I’m pretty sure Mr Ticketing Guru @Spoonz Red E can clear this ‘do ST holders count to the announced attendance figure even if they don’t turn up‘ debate once and for all.

Colesman Ballz

Very well known Exeweb poster
I’m pretty sure Mr Ticketing Guru @Spoonz Red E can clear this ‘do ST holders count to the announced attendance figure even if they don’t turn up‘ debate once and for all.
How fecking many times do you actually need to be told that they do ? :p

Spoonz Red E

As far as I know the attendance figures are comprised of
  • all season ticket holders (whether attending or not)
  • all other users whose tickets have been scanned in as used (including Hospitality guests)
If ordinary (non-season) tickets have been bought for matches but not used on the day they aren't counted.

In short - the season ticket sales total plus all other scanned tickets on the day.

"Attendance is based on the number of spectators attending the match PLUS non-attending season ticket holders. This has been the basis the club has adopted for a number of season. Non-attending ticket holders on a match by match basis are not included in the attendance published."

As mentioned within the capacity info the Club released April 22.

Last edited:

tom_ecfc

How fecking many times do you actually need to be told that they do ? :p
Not me, I know they are included!

tom_ecfc

As far as I know the attendance figures are comprised of
  • all season ticket holders (whether attending or not)
  • all other users whose tickets have been scanned in as used (including Hospitality guests)
If ordinary (non-season) tickets have been bought for matches but not used on the day they aren't counted.

In short - the season ticket sales total plus all other scanned tickets on the day.

"Attendance is based on the number of spectators attending the match PLUS non-attending season ticket holders. This has been the basis the club has adopted for a number of season. Non-attending ticket holders on a match by match basis are not included in the attendance published."

As mentioned within the capacity info the Club released April 22.
Thanks @Spoonz Red E , hopefully a few Grecians can sleep well tonight now!

Red red

Not read all of the thread so sorry if been mentioned before but only watched the interview yesterday. And Think Hawker should be a politician didn’t answer any question directly and it really worried me when he said we would have a competitive budget in League 2 next season. Unbelievable really and at the last home game no real negativity until a little bit at the end. Obviously needs deaf aid . If this is the people leading the club well they will be building Caldwell a statue. As a famous song once said No Future

Antony Moxey

Finally got round to watching the interview, and what a painful watch it was. Hardly inspires confidence as the leader of the club slouched in his pyjamas looking like an unmade bed, simpering, wishy washy answers that went unchallenged, it’s clear that despite, apparently, being a fan for over 50 years he knows absolutely nothing about the dynamics of football and how a club and those that run it should conduct itself.

No wonder were where we are when the leadership is as wet and limp as this, I almost expected him to burst into tears at one point and as the interviewer to stop asking such difficult questions (because it was painfully obvious he didn’t know how to answer them in such a way to instill confidence in the supporters).

Still, it’ll be the Christmas Fayre later this week so let’s have a cup of tea and a mince pie and it’ll all sort itself out in the end. Good grief.

Edward

He is also IMHO pretty much single handedly responsible for delivering the current governance arrangements that are now in place.
What is so impressive about the current governance arrangements?
Whilst it was admirable that (some years ago) the Trust got the club board (notably Tagg) to appreciate the Trust held the trump card, the outcome is messy.
The club CEO is no longer on the board, the President is (but doesn’t have a vote) and the Chair is only permitted to vote if 75% of the voting directors agree. It is easy to argue the three senior people at the club have no vote. And I have no idea why they thought appointing a CEO, and not bothering to pay him, would be a good idea that will sustain.
Meanwhile, the voting directors are three appointed by the club - a lawyer, an accountant and a businessman (with no football experience between them) and three appointed by the Trust who have seemingly never sat on the board of any other business. One of the Trust-appointed directors is seemingly also employed by the club as a scout!
In my view, Mr Hawker has completely stuffed up the governance arrangements by allowing too much overlap between the club and the trust. Being qualified to sit on the Trust Board, and pontificate over how to allocate around £100k in annual donations, does not automatically transfer to competence to be a director of a reasonable-sized business which, on occasion, will require timely decision-making. And excluding key personnel from a board vote is a recipe for disaster if you want accountability.

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
It is Al but he seems to speak on behalf of a group of people who run the podcast and have the same opinions about everything. Or maybe they share the log in details and speak on behalf of each other. But Al is definitely heavily involved in QOTPOD and the writing style of these posts is identical to his. I have no idea what this election conspiracy reference is.
Did Al consult the others before he posted?

Grecian Max

Nick Hawker's background for context:

Screenshot 2023-12-18 at 13.29.27.png

Screenshot 2023-12-18 at 13.29.34.png