• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

If Cureton leaves...

Langer

I dont think there are plenty 0f 20 goals a season players out within our budget.

davecg

Cody McDonald would be my shout. 25 from 41 for Gillingham last season, on a free transfer after his release from Norwich and still only 25.

Poultice

Very well known Exeweb poster
Cody McDonald would be my shout. 25 from 41 for Gillingham last season, on a free transfer after his release from Norwich and still only 25.
Way over budget and will be picked up by a Championship club or some money bags bastards.

davecg

Rumoured to be in talks with Oldham, if there is one club in League One that we could compete with financially Id say it was them. I dont disagree, I thought he would have plenty of clubs chasing his signature but there seems to be nowhere near as much interest in him as League Twos other main goalscorer, Clayton Donaldson.

IndoMike

Thanks Pete, and my apology back for what was a slightly aggressive reply to you. I do have a slight bias, but know little about Jamies demenour (though I have met his dad on a number of occasions, he used to own a framing shop in Weston Super Mare) The point I made, was that nearly all players and staff dip into the minefield that are fans forums. I was told that Jamie rarely did, but when he chose to, was, and I use the word again 'disheartened' to see some of the comments, it must have been a comedown after winning POTY, that's only natural surely? In all reality, what had he done to deserve any critisicm at all from anybody?Though, and this is only my personal guess, after the shoite he took at Rovers, I doubt very much he would be making a career choice based on what a couple of dozen people on a forum say. I wouldn't, but I suppose people in some level of demand will factor comfort and potential popularity into any decision in a very small way.

Looking back, I have probably watched live over 80 of Jamie's career goals, so am not able to be that subjective..So unless I hear anything else that seems reliable, people have probably had enough of me carping on about the subject.
I think what p*sses off some people (i.e. me) is that it seems JC is treating City as a last resort : only if he can't get anything better will he stay. It's only natural that the fans' are a tad disappointed and frustrated about that. To the fans, football is not just a bit of business. But overall City fans have always been very positive about Cureton.
Hope your op is successful. Is that diabetes type 1 or 2 that you have, mate?

Grecian_Jay

I think what p*sses off some people (i.e. me) is that it seems JC is treating City as a last resort : only if he can't get anything better will he stay. It's only natural that the fans' are a tad disappointed and frustrated about that. To the fans, football is not just a bit of business. But overall City fans have always been very positive about Cureton.
Hope your op is successful. Is that diabetes type 1 or 2 that you have, mate?
Spot on Mickey, JC is really starting to rattle my rhubarb now. I know people will say his deal runs to the 30th June etc but that doesn't stop you making a decision and agreeing a move like many toher players do.

This is where we need Tisdale ot stop being such a wet flannel.

davecg

flakey pasty

Would be hard to take if BR were to nick another one.
As mentioned by IndoMike though, it appears that we're his last choice, so maybe it's best if he just sods off.

Banksy

Would be hard to take if BR were to nick another one.
As mentioned by IndoMike though, it appears that we're his last choice, so maybe it's best if he just sods off.

Agreed , but as a previous poster said guess the club knows already and we have a replacement lined up. Anyway , will be glad when all this speculation is over , Cureton did well for the club and I don't blame him trying to get a better deal in the twilight of his career but we need to move on and fast.

Red and White Zider

Well-known Exeweb poster
just a yes or no will do Jamie. Part of me thinks the club knows the answer and we have already move on.
It seems the answer is here. Deffo turned downa deal with us. Col U beckons perhaps?

http://www.greenun24.co.uk/colchester-united/cureton_issues_come_and_get_me_call_to_u_s_1_932407?utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=twitterfeed

Thanks Curo for your efforts

Last edited: