• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

If Cureton leaves...

LammieLammieLammie

Very well known Exeweb poster
Who knows what the future is mate. People tell me he's Rovers bound, but there is still nothing official.

Last edited:

RaeUK

Cleaner
Staff member
No, jr, caravans are sooo last year. The 1920's are the new tomorrow ... :)

Have to admit I'm finding myself working harder then ever in my 'Mr Cureton will sign' mindset. Little cracks are appearing ...

Last edited:

jr1871

Who knows what the future is mate. People tell me he's Rovers bound, but there is still nothing official.
He might well have moved. Dunno though. I know he lived near Tis when he was at Reading, and thought he had stayed with his dad in Bristol last season. I make you right though. Buckle is making all the noises isn't he? Sounds confident.

jr1871

No, jr, caravans are sooo last year. The 1920's are the new tomorrow ... :)

Have to admit I'm finding myself working harder then ever in my 'Mr Cureton will sign' mindset. Little cracks are appearing ...
Ok, I will get rid of fantasy flying saucers, and think of something deco. Maybe a nice picture of a Clarrice Cliff teaset :)

Poultice

The fact is, he is a bombproof goalscorer, and in demand.
12 months ago he was a bombed out old has been that nobody wanted, I'm not one who thinks players should be oh so grateful for the chance, I just think he might reflect on exactly what is was that turned him from zero to hero.

Sprocket

12 months ago he was a bombed out old has been that nobody wanted, I'm not one who thinks players should be oh so grateful for the chance, I just think he might reflect on exactly what is was that turned him from zero to hero.
A remarkably bang on post from the usually way off ********. Well done young man.

Stuffy

Well-known Exeweb poster
...I'm not one who thinks players should be oh so grateful for the chance, I just think he might reflect on exactly what is was that turned him from zero to hero.
The bloke's in the deep mid winter of his playing career and will try for a contractual move that'll prolong it, maybe it'll come with a coaching role when it finishes. Of course a nice extra wedge in the ol' back pocket would be most welcome just in case in a few years time he has to 'clock in' at Homebase.

crocks

Really looks like its changed from "If" Cureton leaves to "When".

Oh well, cheers Jamie....and move on. Hopefully, Tis and Sir Steve have appropriate irons in the fire in order to bring in another striker.

richard_portland

Backing Gary Caldwell, thanks Matt and good luck.
What a pile of utter, utter sh*t...Every single player out of deal, with an agent worth a crap is looking to get the best thing possible. Its incoming interest, Buckle publically courting him etc. The one nudge I have seen is to Colchester, where his children and girlfriend live. The fact is, he is a bombproof goalscorer, and in demand. If we can't afford market price, fine we move on. Of course you would take possibly your last proper contract without doing the best for your family wouldn't you? No of course you wouldn't.
it's true he hasn't technically done anything wrong, but i think what is annoying some here is the feeling he was always likely to go elsewhere. if staying at city was a genuine option for him then fair enough, but someone like matt taylor gets less stick because he was upfront early on that he wanted to leave.

having said that i still would be delighted if it all changes and he signs on for us next week.

flakey pasty

Really looks like its changed from "If" Cureton leaves to "When".

Oh well, cheers Jamie....and move on. Hopefully, Tis and Sir Steve have appropriate irons in the fire in order to bring in another striker.
Didn't I read somewhere that Tis said he wouldn't replace Jamie if he left?