• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

India V England test match thread

The mighty Grecian

England won't lose this match now

However if England don't win this, they will have themselves to blame

taking too long to declare

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
Not helped by India taking 20 minutes to deliver each ball throughout the England Innings.

I thought Sehwag was going to win it single-handedly today! Geddon Swanny for removing him.

The mighty Grecian

India should've been two down, Gambhir was out as well when he gloved it to Matty Prior of Swann, but that w*nker Harper gave it Not out :mad:

TimG

i am sure freddie is going to carry us through as always

The mighty Grecian

Freddie = God

he strikes again, Dravid out wohooooooooooooo

mammooman

back to normal!

Gozzer

Very well known Exeweb poster
Nornal service has indeed been resumed. Winning position to losing by six wickets. The only thing missing from this test was an England batting collapse.

Saving that for next time, I expect.

The mighty Grecian

Nornal service has indeed been resumed. Winning position to losing by six wickets. The only thing missing from this test was an England batting collapse.

Saving that for next time, I expect.
The batting did collapse, both in the first innings and second innings

first innings 184-1 to 316 all out

second innings freddie+Kev+Bell+cook = less than 20 runs

I was impressed with Prior's batting though Rock Solid, he should be batting above Freddie IMHO

Freddie and Swann were impressive, Swann was unlucky not to get four wickets

Gambhir given not out when he clearly gloved it, and Tendulkar dropped by cook at silly point

Panesar, Harmison were poor, Anderson was underused and brought into attack when the loss was appearing to be inevitable.

this is second time in 3 matches England have been unable to defend a score of 250 plus in the second innings, **** poor I say

Last edited:

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
I think what swung it was that England failed to turn up the heat on the 4th day. I know it was very difficult with India taking 20 minutes to bowl each ball, but I could just sense the momentum swinging as England plodded on, on what surprisingly was a wicket that had actually got easier as the game went on.

Colly has saved his bacon with a gritty and determined hundred, so he stays (good - I really like the guy and hope he does well). Now is the time for Bell to go, though. Well, actually 2005 was the time for him to go, ho-hum.

As for Harmison, he continues to prove himself a waste of space, especially in the sub-Continent. If Broad or Sideuknow aren't fit, get Amjad Khan in. He can't do any worse.

Monty will come good again - seemed very ring-rusty having not played a competitive match since Aug/Sep.

So:

Cook
Strauss
Shah
KP
Colly
Freddie
Prior
Broad (if not, Sideuknow at 9. If not, Khan - at 10/11)
Swann
Anderson
Monty

TimG

I think what swung it was that England failed to turn up the heat on the 4th day. I know it was very difficult with India taking 20 minutes to bowl each ball, but I could just sense the momentum swinging as England plodded on, on what surprisingly was a wicket that had actually got easier as the game went on.

Colly has saved his bacon with a gritty and determined hundred, so he stays (good - I really like the guy and hope he does well). Now is the time for Bell to go, though. Well, actually 2005 was the time for him to go, ho-hum.

As for Harmison, he continues to prove himself a waste of space, especially in the sub-Continent. If Broad or Sideuknow aren't fit, get Amjad Khan in. He can't do any worse.

Monty will come good again - seemed very ring-rusty having not played a competitive match since Aug/Sep.

So:

Cook
Strauss
Shah
KP
Colly
Freddie
Prior
Broad (if not, Sideuknow at 9. If not, Khan - at 10/11)
Swann
Anderson
Monty

I agree with the fact that bell needs to get out off the team and has needed to ever since his pathetic ashes series in 05 Glen magrath made him look stupid.

But when it comes to harmison i recon he will come good he just needs to hike the pace up and not bowl at 83mph.