• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

International relations thread

Radio Free Skaro

I'm really starting to wish we (NATO) did not get involved as heavily as we have. I feel we have over supplied and have helped fund an attack rather then a defense.

There shouldn't be a who did what, we should clearly know exactly what the Ukrainians have done. I don't and never have trusted Zelenskyy we need to keep a very close eye on him that he doesn't start blaming NATO for the attacks to get NATO in a full our scale war with Russia.
Ultimately you have to ask yourself is securing the territorial integrity of Ukraine (which is not that easy to define) worth risking nuclear Armageddon over?

Hopefully people will see sense and the calls for both countries to get to the negotiating table will be louder, further attrocities can be averted and Ukraine can avoid being another Syria.

Average Joe

NATO is an alliance of democratic nations that largely exists to provide security on the eastern edge of our continent, if that means assisting a non aligned country against a country that has a clear policy of challenging the security that NATO provides us then so be it.
Exactly, all Ukraine need to do is not lose, they do not need to go on the offensive, if they end up proven guilty to sending drones in to Russia, or breaking dam walls then they are as bad as Russia.

Mr Jinx

Very well known Exeweb poster
And so looks like things have escalated.

What should Ukraine's response be?

It should be fairly easy to successfully bomb and destroy a Russian dam. Question is - is that a wise move?

Answers on a postcard please...

iscalad

Exactly, all Ukraine need to do is not lose, they do not need to go on the offensive, if they end up proven guilty to sending drones in to Russia, or breaking dam walls then they are as bad as Russia.
So what would you suggest happens to all the territory illegally annexed by Russia?

tavyred

Ultimately you have to ask yourself is securing the territorial integrity of Ukraine (which is not that easy to define) worth risking nuclear Armageddon over?
Yes.

Radio Free Skaro

Average Joe

And so looks like things have escalated.

What should Ukraine's response be?

It should be fairly easy to successfully bomb and destroy a Russian dam. Question is - is that a wise move?

Answers on a postcard please...
Ukraine should with NATOS help sit back and defend. Defend the attackers. Counter attacking is still attacking. Shoot/Kill all you want in Ukraine but do not let a bullet cross that boarder.

Spanks

Administrator
Staff member
Never, in the history of Exeweb, had so much rubbish, been written by one contributor, to so many, in one morning.

If you’re that comfortable with the Russian invasion, move to Russia.

Spanks

Administrator
Staff member
That’s Russia Russia, not invaded Ukraine, which isn’t Russia. Although you’d like it to be.

angelic upstart

Just out of interest, what's everyone's thoughts on the nordstream explosion?

As ever, I'm looking for answers in a murky world. Why would Russia actively blow up something that makes them money and avoids the Ukraine? I know that the Russians love the dark arts but it seems like cutting off your nose etc to me.