• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Is Exeter City purely a feeder club now?

Avening Posse

Very well known Exeweb poster
JMT is meant to be first choice LB. Problem is that Troys superglue hasn't set yet so he is playing centre half leaving us with Woodman at LB. Noble and Ribs were both starters when fit and haven't been replaced. Stockley and Nichols both replaced with Aldi versions.

But as Nigel Clough said we are getting a new AstroTurf.
So in the grand scheme of things do you think they are thinking of JMT at LB with the 2 Troys in the middle and Sweeney at RB ?.....i'm not convinced TAH will be fit for lots of the season but we shall see....I reckon Sweeney will always play at central defence so still not sure who plays right back....reckon McAllinden will be decent up front as well, Stockley was never going to stay with us (why would he ?) and Nichols was always gonna be sold, still a bit bemused we do not appear to have spent much cash on the playing front though bearing in mind how much we have supposedly trousered over the last 12 months, but if players want to leave what can you do ?

manc grecian

So in the grand scheme of things do you think they are thinking of JMT at LB with the 2 Troys in the middle and Sweeney at RB ?.....i'm not convinced TAH will be fit for lots of the season but we shall see....I reckon Sweeney will always play at central defence so still not sure who plays right back....reckon McAllinden will be decent up front as well, Stockley was never going to stay with us (why would he ?) and Nichols was always gonna be sold, still a bit bemused we do not appear to have spent much cash on the playing front though bearing in mind how much we have supposedly trousered over the last 12 months, but if players want to leave what can you do ?
I reckon This thinks McCready is his first choice RB even though he's hardly ever played there. Brown and Sweeney as the CBs and JMT at LB. Troy is broken and no other team in the league would have offered him a deal apart from us.

No problem with players leaving and agree about Stockley. I would have liked a bit more quality and scoring record than Simpson has. It seems a bit of an unnecessary risk to go with an unproven striker in Mcalinden and a proven non goalscorer in Simpson.

I'd rather the money be spent on a couple of decent scouts rather than a 3G pitch.

PeteUSA

A well made point. Where has all that windfall money gone ?
You dont think that Tisdale Tagg and Perryman get some kind of a 'thank you bonus' for job well done?

Re: Our league position; Tisdale made it perfectly clear last season that our natural league position historically is mid table in the basement league, which over the past 50 years is probably true. That doesnt mean that present day fans will put up with crap football in order to finish each season mid table, but Tisdale (and I assume Tagg) seems to think that the paying customers are okay with that premise. The trust really needs to put pressure on Tisdale to either achieve acceptable results, or get out! - no ands, ifs, or buts. We're not getting value for money from him no matter what salary he's on.

dontpassback

Aldi versions - good that.
Thats alright because when we are back in the bleddy conference,it will poundland bargains !

Avening Posse

I reckon This thinks McCready is his first choice RB even though he's hardly ever played there. Brown and Sweeney as the CBs and JMT at LB. Troy is broken and no other team in the league would have offered him a deal apart from us.

No problem with players leaving and agree about Stockley. I would have liked a bit more quality and scoring record than Simpson has. It seems a bit of an unnecessary risk to go with an unproven striker in Mcalinden and a proven non goalscorer in Simpson.
I would be very happy if we bought a tough no nonsense hard as nails mean b____d to play at RB who doesn't bother going forward (he can pass it to Wheeler) who doesn't allow any poncy flash wingers to run around him and he just kicks them in the air, but it probably won't happen !!......i went to see FGR play Grimsby last season, FGR had a black bloke at RB who would fit the bill perfectly, cannot remember his name but he was a proper RB !

CREDYGRECIAN

Loving the free flowing entertaining football at S
McCready isn't a right back IMO - in the games I saw him play there last season he was poor defensively and poor in possession too - he got murderer at right back when Oxford played at SJP (he wasn't alone)

Simpson has 28 league goals in nearly 10 years as a pro and a best of 9 in a season - Stockely scored more on loan in half a season for us than Simpson has scored in 10 seasons - you don't look at that and think "great signing"

McAlinden has 12 career goals at 22 so although potential I'm sure it's hardly a guaranteed 20 + goal scorer

Add to that the return of Troy who despite having a good name doesn't play often enough 60 games in 5 years since he's left us....

Signings like that don't exactly make you believe we're heading any where but sideways at best

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
You dont think that Tisdale Tagg and Perryman get some kind of a 'thank you bonus' for job well done?

Re: Our league position; Tisdale made it perfectly clear last season that our natural league position historically is mid table in the basement league, which over the past 50 years is probably true. That doesnt mean that present day fans will put up with crap football in order to finish each season mid table, but Tisdale (and I assume Tagg) seems to think that the paying customers are okay with that premise. The trust really needs to put pressure on Tisdale to either achieve acceptable results, or get out! - no ands, ifs, or buts. We're not getting value for money from him no matter what salary he's on.
The Trust consists of its membership and elected Trustees. The membership has little or no say in what actions the Club Board or indeed Trust Board take. The Trust Board is and always has been made up of well meaning and hard working individuals. Few of whom throughout its lifetime have had any experience of the commercial world. As such they are totally out of their depth when trying to understand or evaluate how the Club is run and what indeed are the declared aims for the future progress and development of the Club always of course supposing that the powers that be know themselves. We have now had in excess of ten years of this situation and the reality is that as long as we retain this ownership model nothing is going to change.

In short they can do damn all about anything. Unless Tisdale decides he is tired of playing with his toys and ups and goes all we can hope for is that in some weird and wonderful way his managerial style will keep us in the league. As for progress not a cat in hells chance.

It is so ironic that having taken ownership of the Club we have no more say in how the Club is run than if it was still in private ownership. In fact probably less because unlike a private owner who has invested money and therefore needs his manager to produce results to protect his financial investment and if not doing so will have no qualms in swinging his axe, the likes of Tagg and company have nothing to lose other than the kudos they get from being involved with what is a local multi million business.

LOG

The membership has little or no say in what actions the Club Board or indeed Trust Board take.
I would agree with certain parts of your post, taking it as a whole, but would just highlight this to particular sentence to call bull****.

There will be a number of positions on the Trust Board available at the AGM this year and the Trust has equal representation on the Club Board. If you or any other member feels as strongly and is willing to do more for the club than whinge endlessly on here, then you know what to do.

The "say" is there, the appetite to grab it isn't.

malcolms

I would agree with certain parts of your post, taking it as a whole, but would just highlight this to particular sentence to call bull****.

There will be a number of positions on the Trust Board available at the AGM this year and the Trust has equal representation on the Club Board. If you or any other member feels as strongly and is willing to do more for the club than whinge endlessly on here, then you know what to do.

The "say" is there, the appetite to grab it isn't.
I suspect many who might take up the offer realise that there is a "dead hand" on the process. The ability to influence as an individual is clearly compromised by what appears to be bloc voting in favour of the status quo....

LOG

I suspect many who might take up the offer realise that there is a "dead hand" on the process. The ability to influence as an individual is clearly compromised by what appears to be bloc voting in favour of the status quo....
Not everyone spends their time taking selfies of their clam diggers whilst wondering what might have been and pointing out where others have failed.

What if there were revolutionaries who realised that there could be seven places on the Trust Board up for grabs, that they could do the grabbing and make the changes that they so desire?

Or perhaps it's just easier to point, moan and do nothing?