• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Jacob Jagger Cane

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
Oh and does anyone know if that is genuinely his middle name?
You can call yourself whatever you like. Despite the common view that it's difficult to change your name, it's actually very straightforward. So if that's what he wants to be called, that is his name.

More generally, a good big 'un will always have an advantage over a good little 'un, other things being equal. But some little 'uns actually do have a strong physical presence (Maradonna, Messi, etc. etc.) . So if Jacob has worked on the physical side of his game and can hold his own in tough contests (in contrast to Nichols and Frear, last time I saw them), then good on him.

andrew p long

Very well known Exeweb poster
You can call yourself whatever you like.
Although you can't always get what you want.

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
Although you can't always get what you want.
"But if you try sometimes, you just might find, you get what you need". (9 points from 3 games)

city_red

I thought it was a double-barrel surname (Jagger-Cane) not a middle name.

GrecianWonder

I thought it was a double-barrel surname (Jagger-Cane) not a middle name.
Indeed it is.

andrew p long

"But if you try sometimes, you just might find, you get what you need". (9 points from 3 games)
Indeed.Too many on here paint it black. I can't get no satisfaction from that.

Grecian2K

I have nothing but Sympathy For The poor Devil

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
I have nothing but Sympathy For The poor Devil
Time is on his side.

Number13

On loan at Poole Town for a month

Poole Town have completed the signing of Jacob Jagger Cane on loan from League Two side Exeter City.

The midfielder has come through the youth ranks at Exeter, although he has only made one senior appearance so far.

After appearing for the Dolphins on loan last season – and helped them claim the Southern Division One title – Cane has been brought in on a one-month loan deal as cover to Steve Devlin who is suspended for three matches.

Devlin was sent off in the Dorset derby with Weymouth on August Bank Holiday weekend. In the Southern Premier League, suspensions only apply two weeks after the red card.

http://www.pooletownfc.co.uk/poole-town-sign-jacob-jagger-cane/

Last edited by a moderator:

andrew p long

good news, save that I think I got it wrong last season. I think Poole have now been promoted to Southern League Premier, 3 steps below League Two, and last season when on loan there JJC was playing 4 divisions below ECFC. So he'll be playing a league below the likes of Dorchester, Weston Super Mare, Team Bath etc, where other ECFC youngsters have been on loan