• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Jake Richards

Devon Red

Well-known Exeweb poster
I can't see what the fuss is about to be honest. The recent games he has played he hasn't done anything of note. He got into the box once and shinned the ball wide of the post. Total over reaction on here.
Is this a whoosh attempt?

He's 16 and holding his own in League 1 matches, fans have every right to be excited by his potential.

As Edwin said earlier, he could end up playing for Tiverton Town, but he could also end up playing for England - either way, playing EFL matches at the age of 16 is ridiculous.

tonykellowfan

When Ampadu first came on the scene he was a standout player and was clearly head and shoulders above other players on the pitch including senior pros, although its worth remembering that he currently plays in the division above us.

The only thing that people seem to be latching on to with Richards is that (A) he is 16 and (B) he is "one of our own".

He hasn't actually done anything on the pitch though. In the game when he was subbed off at half time, for example, we looked much better.

Antony Moxey

Very well known Exeweb poster
When Ampadu first came on the scene he was a standout player and was clearly head and shoulders above other players on the pitch including senior pros, although its worth remembering that he currently plays in the division above us.

The only thing that people seem to be latching on to with Richards is that (A) he is 16 and (B) he is "one of our own".

He hasn't actually done anything on the pitch though. In the game when he was subbed off at half time, for example, we looked much better.
FFS, he's played about three times. Give the lad a chance eh, or should we only ever get excited if they're going to go on to be £50M players? Yeah, Richards, we only got £10M for him, load of sh1te he turned out to be.

tonykellowfan

Of course I am going to give the lad a chance, it's not me going crazy after "he's played about three times".

The fact that people are posting that he could play for England or be worth £10m only goes to show how ridiculous the whole thing is.

Leads

Of course I am going to give the lad a chance, it's not me going crazy after "he's played about three times".

The fact that people are posting that he could play for England or be worth £10m only goes to show how ridiculous the whole thing is.
I can sort of see where you're coming from... he hasn't done a huge amount when he's played but he hasn't looked out of place or out of his depth, which at 16 I would say is an achievement in itself. He's very tidy and has a lovely left foot. It will be interesting to see how he develops.

GrecianByTransit

The kid's 16. At 26 he could be top half of the premiership or bottom half of the Stitch2Print Devon and Exeter football league.
Yeah, I accept this. Point being that Ethan was different and was clearly going to the top. Even at 15 it was obvious that he was above City's calibre

denzel

Poor kid, being compared to Ethan. That's a ridiculously high bar.

Hope he can play some more games next season, but let's not forget he dropped out of contention until the last few games so he really needs a sustained period in the side before we can get too excited

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
Yeah, I accept this. Point being that Ethan was different and was clearly going to the top. Even at 15 it was obvious that he was above City's calibre
Which is weird because I still don't rate him :ROFLMAO:

Devon Red

Well-known Exeweb poster
Which is weird because I still don't rate him :ROFLMAO:
We talk about Ampadu like he's gone on to win the champions league, he's only in the division above us.

Re Richards, people need to stop comparing him, just let him develop and see what happens.

denzel

We talk about Ampadu like he's gone on to win the champions league, he's only in the division above us.

Re Richards, people need to stop comparing him, just let him develop and see what happens.
He's appeared 50 times for his country already, how many others can say that at 23?