• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

James Norwood

greenawayr

These things turn young kids heads. "I'm gonna call Nike and get them to send some more pink boots" FFS I bet Nike head office in Seattle is waiting anxiously for that call.
If you've read the entire WMN article surely you can pick up that the lad is clearly in awe of being amoungst seasoned professionals and just hugely excited to have realised his dream of becoming a professional footballer.

That line is merely a witty retort to the fact that he has had a lot of ribbing about his light red boots.

Rather like it's unhealthy for us to get too over-excited about the lad and perhaps put pressure on him, I would say it's equally unhealthy to pick one line out of an interview and essentially belittle the lad. I'm sure he's not reading this, but I know what I would prefer from my clubs fans. It's the management teams jobs to keep his head level, not ours! Our job is to support the team and individuals!

malcolms

Very well known Exeweb poster
If you've read the entire WMN article surely you can pick up that the lad is clearly in awe of being amoungst seasoned professionals and just hugely excited to have realised his dream of becoming a professional footballer.

That line is merely a witty retort to the fact that he has had a lot of ribbing about his light red boots.

Rather like it's unhealthy for us to get too over-excited about the lad and perhaps put pressure on him, I would say it's equally unhealthy to pick one line out of an interview and essentially belittle the lad. I'm sure he's not reading this, but I know what I would prefer from my clubs fans. It's the management teams jobs to keep his head level, not ours! Our job is to support the team and individuals!
Not belittling the lad at all. Unlike some, I have seen him play outside the context of ECFC and I think he has ability but will need to focus on the important things if he is going to be successful.

finetime

Not belittling the lad at all. Unlike some, I have seen him play outside the context of ECFC and I think he has ability but will need to focus on the important things if he is going to be successful.
Couldn't agree more but I think what he said in that interview was purely tongue in cheek. I don't think he comes across as a billy big b*ll*cks at all and hopefully he has a good family who will aid the club in keeping his progress steady.

And...a bit of arrogance and "I am" is no bad thing IMO. Sp long as it doesn't dominate his character.

Antony Moxey

For goodness sake Malc, does anything to do with the club ever make you happy? As you say, give the lad a break, eh, he's only having a bit of a laugh with the Nike comments so there's no need to take them quite so seriously.

Personally I like the lad. He seems to have a bit about him from what I've seen in the friendlies and whilst still very raw, like you I hope he develops well during his time here. But as well as working hard, let him have a bit of fun along the way too.

Grecian_In_Exile

Definition of stupid, knowing the truth, seeing th
Let him loose I say; our very own Wayne Rooney [H]

Pete Martin (CTID)

Let him loose I say; our very own Wayne Rooney [H]
Ermm....Rooney in pink boots? I don't think so!! ;)

Grecian_In_Exile

Definition of stupid, knowing the truth, seeing th
Ermm....Rooney in pink boots? I don't think so!! ;)
But they're salmon boots; no such colour as ^^^^^^^^^ in a man's dictionary

norwood31

just to clear up this is james friend on his behalf... he doesnt know about this thread or anything like it so i thought id set some facts stright if things are said.

the correct term is wild berry (pro direct soccer)

he is 18

Give him a chance and he will score goals

Bunker

As Red Nose would be keen to point out, there's nothing wrong with pink....it's just a combination of red and white.

Wild berry??? Hell's teeth, I've heard it all now!

banzai

Back in the day Bunker, black or tan and heavy with wooden studs was de rigueur for your old boot. Now Nike offer three categories, depending on whether you want speed, accuracy or touch, in a variety of colours no doubt soon to include 'country fruits', 'neopolitan' and 'raspberry ripple'.

Hell's teeth indeed but choice rules. Cliff Bastin will be turning in his grave.