• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

James Norwood

greenawayr

No pressure James!

Greyhound

Well-known Exeweb poster
We may have "issues with his shoes", but this seems to be a talented lad.

thermopylai

I gotta feeling we may have a legend in waiting with this boy! :D
He did look good!

If, and it is an if, he does progress well this season, we have to be careful that some bigger club doesn't pinch him from us - he is only on a one season deal. Might be worth reviewing that before the window opens in January.

greenawayr

I'm sure it will be reviewed based on his progress, but lets not get too carried away. We've seen 20 mins of the lad and he's not even had a shot on goal yet so long way to go!

malcolms

Very well known Exeweb poster
If you ever needed a thread that proved the totally unrealistic expectations of some posters then this is it. The kid is as raw as a freshly pulled carrot and yet he's giving interviews to the local media and being promoted as some potential legend.

Give him some space and don't expect too much. In my opinion, if he makes 10 starts and gets 4 or 5 goals then it will be a standout season for him. If he was with a London club or a club in the Midlands or Manchester, he probably would never get this attention in his whole career. Is it any wonder why so few of our younger players have gone on to be players and why so many have believed that they could be.

finetime

If he was with a London club or a club in the Midlands or Manchester, he probably would never get this attention in his whole career.
Can you expand on this? I've never really considered it...

Pete Martin (CTID)

If you ever needed a thread that proved the totally unrealistic expectations of some posters then this is it. The kid is as raw as a freshly pulled carrot and yet he's giving interviews to the local media and being promoted as some potential legend.
You are of course completely correct Malcolm and I don't disagree with your assessment, but we wrinkly's lack the spark of youthful vivacity that this boy (and others like him) has in abundance and I suspect he has his head screwed on.

Let's just chill and get a bit excited for once. It might do us good! :D

ECFC '72

Laughing at the people showing their true colours
Let's just chill and get a bit excited for once. It might do us good! :D
I think the point was, while it may do us good, (fans, wrinklies etc) it might not do young Jimbo any good ?

I'd sooner the lad, or any footballer for that matter, did their talking on the pitch. (Has Gilly done an interview for NCFC yet about the game Saturday ? I do hope so.)

citytillidie72

Well-known Exeweb poster
looks like he will play some part in tonights match, may even start

malcolms

Can you expand on this? I've never really considered it...
Well if you play for Orient you might get a mention in the Hackney Gazette or East London Advertiser and if you play for Walsall you might get a para in the Birmingham Evening News. In both instances you will never get near the main sports writers or telemedia. However, If you play for Exeter as a sub for 20 mins and you wear pink boots, then you are likely to get a photo across two columns the following Monday and possibly your own phone in programme.

These things turn young kids heads. "I'm gonna call Nike and get them to send some more pink boots" FFS I bet Nike head office in Seattle is waiting anxiously for that call.

Personally, I would prefer that he got his head down and worked hard enough to warrant a game or two and then did what he is employed to do (score goals) before his picture appeared in another newspaper article.