• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Jay Stansfield

andrew p long

Very well known Exeweb poster
off topic I know, but has anyone played foot golf? Looks like a really good idea to me.

Radio Free Skaro

Shall we change the thread title to something like 'Jay Stansfield Thank You' or just Jay Stansfield as opposed to 'welcome back' as everytime I scan Exeweb and read the current thread title I think we've agreed another season loan with Fulham!
Yep. I think that any player or manager thread should just state the individual's name, or for example, just state that it's "The Jay Stansfield Thread"

Colesman Ballz

Yep. I think that any player or manager thread should just state the individual's name, or for example, just state that it's "The Jay Stansfield Thread"
Pot, kettle, black ! I laughed reasonably hard, long and loud at this offering from the originator of such classics as "How long before Matt Taylor is relieved of his duties" ! :p

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
off topic I know, but has anyone played foot golf? Looks like a really good idea to me.
yep, theres one at Lympstone. Its great.

Bridgy 81

yep, theres one at Lympstone. Its great.
There’s also one on the seafront between Swansea and The Mumbles.
Perhaps we can organize a mini-tournament when we’re down that way soon playing them in the Championship.

iscalad

EXETER FOOTBALL GOLF - 19 Hole Course - Central Devon

Radio Free Skaro

Pot, kettle, black ! I laughed reasonably hard, long and loud at this offering from the originator of such classics as "How long before Matt Taylor is relieved of his duties" ! :p
To be fair I didn't think that that thread would last that long!

Devon Red

Well-known Exeweb poster
Yeah, not for me. Might have been the course I played on but there's a lot of jeopardy, if you miss the hole the ball will sometimes roll about 30 yards past the hole if it's on a slight slope.

It's alright for a laugh I suppose but don't expect it to be anything like golf other than the fact it's equally frustrating. Also, being OK at football has absolutely no bearing on whether you'll be good at foot golf!

tom_ecfc

Yes. Good laugh and highly recommend.

Andy_H

As an ECC related posting, Stuart Pears who runs it, is the younger brother of Richard Pears who played a few games for ECFC 'way back when'. Devon Foot golf is situated next door to 'BearTrail' and opposite The Merry Harriers pub, a round of Foot Golf then, across the road for a few beers while the kids enjoy themselves at BearTrail.