• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Jay Stansfield

DB9

Very well known Exeweb poster
I was always under the impression Fulham had high hopes for him and just needed to get him out and about to learn his craft. He passed his first exam with us last season hence why they found a Championship club in Birmingham this. He's Brums top scorer so far with seven so I think it would be reasonable to suggest he's well on his way this. I can't see Fulham selling him.
I can't either unless he does well in the PL and like I said a bigger club comes in for him. Playing in The Championship is good for him as its loaded with lots of former PL clubs and players who are pretty decent.

grecIAN Harris

It's possible that if they have any major injuries over the next week or so they will recall him from his loan.

Or maybe recall him then send him out to Ipswich on loan, to get a higher standard of football? Though at least he's playing every game for Brum.
The line was Ipswich buying him for about £3million if I recall correctly.

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
The line was Ipswich buying him for about £3million if I recall correctly.
Yes I read that. Clearly ludicrous. Worth at least 3/4 times that already.

But it occurs to me to wonder whether this was a misunderstanding re. a loan fee of £3M?

DB9

Yes I read that. Clearly ludicrous. Worth at least 3/4 times that already.

But it occurs to me to wonder whether this was a misunderstanding re. a loan fee of £3M?
Couldn't see the sense of switching loan from one Championship club to another, its not like Ipswich are miles above Birmingham standard wise, They're both playing exactly the same teams, Yep Ipswich are higher but they're higher in the same league.

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Couldn't see the sense of switching loan from one Championship club to another, its not like Ipswich are miles above Birmingham standard wise, They're both playing exactly the same teams, Yep Ipswich are higher but they're higher in the same league.
There's plenty of evidence to suggest McKenna is a better manager than Rooney which could help with Jay's development. However, with Fulham looking unlikely to be relegated, I wonder if they might decide now is the time to start giving him some minutes in their first team.

DB9

There's plenty of evidence to suggest McKenna is a better manager than Rooney which could help with Jay's development. However, with Fulham looking unlikely to be relegated, I wonder if they might decide now is the time to start giving him some minutes in their first team.
Probably right about the managers, My point is switching a loan to another club in the same league, Playing the same teams, I can't see the point unless Rooney or Jay have said something but looking at the team sheet each week with Jay playing I'd say they're both happy with things how they are.

denzel

I wouldn't say they were unlikely to be relegated, just 6 points above the drop zones with teams below them improving and they were thrashed by Bournemouth yesterday

BigBanker

Well-known Exeweb poster

3:16 on here to see the 'triggered' moment of the season dreckly from the Deb'nport End :D

SaintJames

Well-known Exeweb poster

3:16 on here to see the 'triggered' moment of the season dreckly from the Deb'nport End :D
They do seem to appreciate his qualities judging by how often they sing his name :)

STURTZ

Blokes a legend!