• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Jay Stansfield

wrekin

I remember that well , but pedant alert it Dazza's return was 1990/91 & TC's third season with us by then,
When did I say it was TC’s first season with us? Our first season ‘up’ to tier 3 in the 90s, TC was manager.

andrew p long

Very well known Exeweb poster
Great that goal of the season was the one against Plymouth...

But can we please, please have our Jay Stansfuiled thread back, instead of obliterating his history on Exeweb by only discussing him on a thread that started 3 days ago.

Hants - please merge this thread into the 157 page Jay Stansfield thread that started 5 years, not three days, ago......

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
It seemed appropriate at the time to have a new thread for the final game of the Championship but the thread has moved on. So it's now been merged.

Grecian2K

Excellent news.
Marco Silva confirms Fulham stance on Jay Stansfield future (msn.com)
“Now is the moment for him to come back and be one of the players in our attacking line for next season.
And well deserved I'd say.
Face off between Ollie & Stanno next season on the cards. Two alumni of the C&F in the PL perhaps? Even a few years back who'd have ever thought it??
I'm sure "Lisa" will be delighted. Shame the great Lord Stelling isn't still around to celebrate it.

Last edited:

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
Judging from the tone of the whole interview he could well be in the squad for Saturday’s game home to Man City covered live on tnt.

SaintJames

Well-known Exeweb poster
Judging from the tone of the whole interview he could well be in the squad for Saturday’s game home to Man City covered live on tnt.
how can he

grecIAN Harris

how can he
Because his loan deal at Birmingham has expired and he's only played for one side this this season?? I know there is a limit on how many clubs you can play for in a season but it's more than one.

denzel

More chance of seeing Admiral score a hat trick for Luton today 😀

Grecian Max

You’d imagine he would be on the bench today

Grecianpasty

I think he might get his chance at Fulham now, that being said I wonder how long he'll be there if he continues his trajectory and development

His tenacity and hunger could take him right to the top with that goalscoring instinct

It's a shame Fulham are such a tepid fanbase, he clearly loves the energy from the crowds as seen at City and now Birmingham, particularly against Argyle
He reminds me very much of Jamie Vardy. The type of player you want in your team and hate playing against.