• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Jay Stansfield

Bridgy 81

I don't think he's a confidence player from what I've seen tbh - I don't think it would effect him like others
Nor do I.
If Stanno is out 🙁,
Let’s give Sonny a go.

Grecianpasty

I see the situation as more of an opportunity for Coley than Cox.

Cox' loan is going great, and he will continue to play games until the end of the season. Coley will look at the opportunity as one he needs to take, and we are in a position to offer it to him. Similarly, Scott will be given more playing time.

With that said, I'd be gutted not to see Stanno in a city shirt again in this decade.

STURTZ

Very well known Exeweb poster
I see the situation as more of an opportunity for Coley than Cox.

Cox' loan is going great, and he will continue to play games until the end of the season. Coley will look at the opportunity as one he needs to take, and we are in a position to offer it to him. Similarly, Scott will be given more playing time.

With that said, I'd be gutted not to see Stanno in a city shirt again in this decade.
Stanno was talking about his last appearance in a City shirt was going to be emotional, such a shame he couldn't make it to the end of the season.
I will forever believe he should not have played following his exertions already that week. Players should have been rested, let's face it a loss at Fleetwood wouldn't have been a big deal in the grand scheme of things.
This season has been one long emotional roller coaster.

geoffwp

Like many I'm absolutely gutted by the injury young Jay sustained, but if it is as serious as many seem to fear I wonder about the number9 shirt. Has the fact that it has now been worn by Adam's son exorcised it so that it no longer needs to be kept under wraps never again to be used? I'm assuming here that Jay will, alas, be going back to Fulham maybe sooner than later with what has happened.

Spoonz Red E

Like many I'm absolutely gutted by the injury young Jay sustained, but if it is as serious as many seem to fear I wonder about the number9 shirt. Has the fact that it has now been worn by Adam's son exorcised it so that it no longer needs to be kept under wraps never again to be used? I'm assuming here that Jay will, alas, be going back to Fulham maybe sooner than later with what has happened.
It was used prior to Jay - Ben Seymour had it.

geoffwp

It was used prior to Jay - Ben Seymour had it.
Thanks Spoonz, that obviously was so momentous it totally passed me by. Already a precedent then so forget I even asked the question

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
I guess it will go to Sonny Cox next season.

denzel

Stanno was talking about his last appearance in a City shirt was going to be emotional, such a shame he couldn't make it to the end of the season.
I will forever believe he should not have played following his exertions already that week. Players should have been rested, let's face it a loss at Fleetwood wouldn't have been a big deal in the grand scheme of things.
This season has been one long emotional roller coaster.
Like I said on another thread, we hardly have a massive squad, especially up front. We have 4 games in 11 days coming up but I can't see us being able to rest too many

Number13

If he's ruptured his ACL he can say goodbye to next season as well. Minimum of 9 months recovery post op.
Is there any confirmation of the injury yet?

Timps58

I guess if serious, which sadly is likely, that his treatment and recovery will be overseen by Fulham anyway