• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Jay Stansfield

felix

Yes I remember it, 25-30 years ago now. It's no excuse for it but different times now (society as a whole not just football) and I'm not so sure that it would sung now. Yes, we have a mentally challenged morons like every club but the difference between us and you is I bet your lot don't come up here fearing whether they'll get out in one piece like some of us do going down to Gnome Park (members on here have openly said it on here, I know my Ol' Man won't ). Most of us have experienced the 'welcome' we get down there, the atmosphere is always so much more tense down there than it is up here and why? Not because you have the morons, like I said every club has them, but the amount of morons you have and the manner they conduct themselves in.
Ah, the old you're more racist than I am argument. Thicko!

felix

Anyway Greeks you don't have to worry about coming to our place anymore. There'll be 2 leagues between us next season and three leagues the season after. "Taggy and Caldwell's Red and white army". Ho, Ho, Ho.. Merry Christmas!!

grecIAN Harris

Very well known Exeweb poster
No, just bringing you're Alan Nicholas argument into context in the first instance. The world has moved on a long way since then.
The second part is about the distinct difference in atmosphere at our respective grounds and why and it's not hard to work out why.

Anyway Greeks you don't have to worry about coming to our place anymore. There'll be 2 leagues between us next season and three leagues the season after. "Taggy and Caldwell's Red and white army". Ho, Ho, Ho.. Merry Christmas!!
All for chatting to opposing fans, could do without this D1ck waffling on about a load of sh1te though…

Spoonz Red E

Which reminds me of a previous blow up over 'offensiveness'

If I remember correctly.
Argyle: 'We'll never play you again" - mere banter.
Exeter City: 'We'll meet again, don't know where, don't know when' - how very dare they! in Pasoti land.

Bottom line for me with Stanno's shirt message.
Was the shirt offensive? No.
Was it effective? Yes.
Has he put his money where his mouth is in terms of goals and assists against Argyle? Absolutely.

Merry Christmas.

Antony Moxey

Where’s the racism? Regarding Stansfield getting you all upset, if you want to compare the Alan Nichols chants to the Adam Stansfield ones, it would be the same if we all got upset because we were chanting it to his son who then gave us a proverbial two fingers.

It always makes me laugh when football fans give opposition players dogs abuse then go running crying to their mums when the player gives it back. Grow up you bunch of babies and stop being so pathetic over a bloody t-shirt.

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
Yes I remember it, 25-30 years ago now. It's no excuse for it but different times now (society as a whole not just football) and I'm not so sure that it would sung now. Yes, we have a mentally challenged morons like every club but the difference between us and you is I bet your lot don't come up here fearing whether they'll get out in one piece like some of us do going down to Gnome Park (members on here have openly said it on here, I know my Ol' Man won't ). Most of us have experienced the 'welcome' we get down there, the atmosphere is always so much more tense down there than it is up here and why? Not because you have the morons, like I said every club has them, but the amount of morons you have and the manner they conduct themselves in.
I will go to Home Park for daylight games but not evening ones.

The reason is not that Argyle seem to have more or worse morons than other clubs (maybe they do, but I have seen no evidence of that) but because getting out of the away section in the far corner of the ground after games is inherently dangerous, as you have to walk round 2 sides of the ground past the Argyle fans, corralled by the police (and their dogs) who treat you as enemies to be controlled. In the daytime while you have to wait ages it can be managed; in the dark it is risk I won't take, after a friend was assaulted by Argyle fans who were waiting for us, while trying to walk away.

CREDYGRECIAN

Loving the free flowing entertaining football at S
Jay Stansfield scoring for Birmingham is actually more interesting than our own team 😀

BigBanker

Well-known Exeweb poster
Where’s the racism? Regarding Stansfield getting you all upset, if you want to compare the Alan Nichols chants to the Adam Stansfield ones, it would be the same if we all got upset because we were chanting it to his son who then gave us a proverbial two fingers.

It always makes me laugh when football fans give opposition players dogs abuse then go running crying to their mums when the player gives it back. Grow up you bunch of babies and stop being so pathetic over a bloody t-shirt.
Home Park is clearly snowflake HQ these days.

denzel

Any fans thrown out for throwing things on to the pitch? If not, why not?